Thread: Grand Final Sprint Info

Grand Final Sprint Info

Crouch to defend sprint title
    12:27:23 PM Fri 26 September, 2003
    afl.com.au

The AFL has announced the competitors for the 2003 Powerade AFL Grand Final Sprint.

The Powerade AFL Grand Final Sprint is part of the Grand Final pre-match entertainment and will be run at 12pm.

The Sprint made a welcome return to Grand Final Day last year after a 15 year absence.

Sydney's Jared Crouch won the event and is again competing to defend his title.

The field:
    Adelaide: Kris Massie, Brisbane: Anthony Corrie, Carlton: Anthony Franchina, Collingwood: Glen Freborn, Essendon: Damian Cupido,
    Fremantle: James Walker, Geelong: David Wojcinski, Hawthorn: Campbell Brown, Kangaroos: Shannon Watt, Melbourne: Luke Williams, Port Power: Jared Poulton, Richmond: Greg Tivendale,
    St Kilda: Leigh Montagna, Sydney: Jared Crouch, West Coast: Damien Adkins, Western Bulldogs: Kieran McGuinness

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=new...ticleid=121971

Two heats, best four of each heat in the final? I'd love to see all 16 run together! Especially in 8 lanes - make it competitive! Does Crouchie have it wrapped up?

Wojcinski would be his biggest threat for mind....but then again there are some in that list I don't know much about, and others (eg Freeborn) who would be no hope at all!

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.