Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 18: Geelong pre-game discussion (With Teams)

OUT: Richards. I never want to see him on the field again. Unless playing 'Against' us.
    IN: someone else

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Can I ask something? Does anyone know if Geelong will be full strength, close to full strength, or will they be missing some players/stars for this game? Anyone else notice that whenever we play Geelong, they are almost always full strength against us?
    Not sure about that, Geelong have had Ottens, Corey, Rooke, Chapman, Johnson, Scarlett umm yeah. and not just this year, pretty much all their dominant years they've used many different players, I think one reason why they've had such great depth. They've let those players fully recover in time for finals, unlike Sydney/Roos.
    Last edited by Bleed Red Blood; 26th July 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    OUT: Richards. I never want to see him on the field again. Unless playing 'Against' us.
    IN: someone else

Not sure about that, Geelong have had Ottens, Corey, Rooke, Chapman, Johnson, Scarlett umm yeah. and not just this year, pretty much all their dominant years they've used many different players, I think one reason why they've had such great depth. They've let those players fully recover in time for finals, unlike Sydney/Roos.

yeah geelong a very good at timing there run to the finals,

Quote Originally Posted by torpedo punt View Post
    At least the percentage on the ladder is alot healther than Nth and Adelaide. If they keep it to a small loss against geelong that would be ok for the 8th position or a win - Time for Swans to prove September credentials
    Its quite possible that Carlton, Sydney, North and Adelaide will all lose next week.

we need a good start this week, i will be happy if i see the side fired up to make amends this week and willing to take a risk, ill even wear another flogging if there some dare in our game and we take them on.

Not that i can do anything if we dont win, apart from cry
    Theres not much left to say

Quote Originally Posted by swansrule100 View Post
    Not that i can do anything if we dont win, apart from cry
    Alcohol works...or mind altering drugs are worth a try.....

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Can you think of any you hate that much?
    No I don't hate any of the players. From memory Roos promoted Nick Smith, Mathew O'Dwyer, Gary Rohan for the first games against the cats as well as promoting Ed Barlow for his one and only appearance this year. Maybe he might pick someone else e'g Sam Reid, Lewis Johnston??
    Maybe it's his modis operandi as an introduction to the firsts.

Having my son's birthday party next Saturday afternoon. I thought I would make the game BUT after dealing with a dozen kids, controlling, manipulative ex-wife and the crap the Swans dished up last Sunday, I will be staying at home with my two little angels and watching the game on telly. I will probably watch most of Iron Chef as well.

And it was last Sunday's performance that made up my mind.
    Last edited by Bas; 26th July 2010 at 11:38 PM.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    No I don't hate any of the players. From memory Roos promoted Nick Smith, Mathew O'Dwyer, Gary Rohan for the first games against the cats as well as promoting Ed Barlow for his one and only appearance this year. Maybe he might pick someone else e'g Sam Reid, Lewis Johnston??
    Maybe it's his modis operandi as an introduction to the firsts.
    I think the count also includes the now departed Matthew Laidlaw.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Its quite possible that Carlton, Sydney, North and Adelaide will all lose next week.
    Amazingly Melbourne have an outside chance of making it. They have the easiest run home of all of those sides. 10 points behind us and realistically could win 4 of their last 5 if they really have a dig and play close to like they did on Sunday.

Geelong are a great side but I think we will look better against them than against Melbourne. Teams with lots of pace, who spread from the contest well and have good skills (eg. Collingwood and Dogs of the last few years) show us up badly like Melbourne did. Geelong are more tough and skilled than fast, so at least the swans are fighting on their terms even if outgunned. The Geelong forward line without LRT or B2 to slow them will be scary, only Grundy as a Key position option he will have to be in 4 places at once as I think they will try to stretch us. No Smith will also hurt with their smaller forwards. I don't get to watch reserves often but will be interesting to see if they throw Reid in. I have mixed feelings about Reid as it may be a slaughter but from reports he deserves his chance.

Despite all this I think the swans will dig in and limit it to a 5-6 goal loss. Something to look forward to after the last effort.

Veterans List
    The Adjudicator: AFL R18 - AFL Premiership - Fox Sports

Sydney Swans v Geelong, ANZ Stadium, Saturday 7.10pm (EST)
    The Adjudicator says: "There's a TV commercial doing the rounds in Sydney this week promoting this match at ANZ Stadium. No surprises there, but the players used to tempt Sydney fans into making the dreaded trip west are bothering me. It's billed as a battle of the big guns; Ablett, Bartel, Chapman and Mooney vs Goodes, Bolton, Pyke and Mumford. Wait ... what? Let's read that again. Ablett, Bartel, Chapman and Mooney vs Goodes, Bolton, Pyke and Mumford. A date with Mrs A if you can tell me who the odd one out is. And a second date if you can tell me who'll win this one."

Anyone have any predictions on crowd numbers? 20,000?..... 30,000?...... 40,000?....... 50,000?.......
    Last edited by agro; 27th July 2010 at 04:33 PM.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast