Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 18: Geelong pre-game discussion (With Teams)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Unless LRT or Bradshaw have fully recovered then I think there should be no changes for the Geelong game.
    Maybe Rohan ??

I think it has to be put down to a bad day at the office.

Unless LRT or Bradshaw have fully recovered then I think there should be no changes for the Geelong game.
    Agree entirely. We were shocking and Melbourne barely made an error. We're not a great team but we're much better than we were yesterday.

Time to move on and hopefully make the finals.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Doesn't Roosy play some new players from the reserves against the Cats?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Doesn't Roosy play some new players from the reserves against the Cats?
    Can you think of any you hate that much?

I think it has to be put down to a bad day at the office.

that how the playing and coaching group need to look at it i agree.
    Not sure about no changes, think the balance of the side is out a little especially down back, but unless we throw some young guys to the wolves theres probably no changes to make there.

If rohan is right he should be in the side though.

Lrt is right i hope, even if he just stands there will be more use than half the others are
    Theres not much left to say

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Agree entirely. We were shocking and Melbourne barely made an error. We're not a great team but we're much better than we were yesterday.

Time to move on and hopefully make the finals.
    And add to that, Melbourne IS NOT as good as they showed yesterday, we were just deplorable!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    And add to that, Melbourne IS NOT as good as they showed yesterday, we were just deplorable!
    Can't agree. The Dees were as good as they were against the Pies and that's probably better than any other team in the competition.

Too bad that we were woeful, too. I got home a minute late and the game was over - it was like those first goals were kicked by Death Eaters that sucked all the life out of the Swans.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    - it was like those first goals were kicked by Death Eaters that sucked all the life out of the Swans.
    Yep even Harrys Petronus couldn't have saved us yesterday...

I'm predicting a massive improvement against Geelong for an honourable loss of a mere six goals.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Can't agree. The Dees were as good as they were against the Pies and that's probably better than any other team in the competition.

Too bad that we were woeful, too. I got home a minute late and the game was over - it was like those first goals were kicked by Death Eaters that sucked all the life out of the Swans.
    Well, I have been to a couple of dees games this year and im saying sure they have improved, but they are not as good as they showed yesterday, and certainly NOT 73 point better team than the swans! There was absolutely no pressure whatsoever from us, you do that against any team and you will get smashed.

Can I ask something? Does anyone know if Geelong will be full strength, close to full strength, or will they be missing some players/stars for this game? Anyone else notice that whenever we play Geelong, they are almost always full strength against us?

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    I'm predicting a massive improvement against Geelong for an honourable loss of a mere six goals.
    At least the percentage on the ladder is alot healther than Nth and Adelaide. If they keep it to a small loss against geelong that would be ok for the 8th position or a win - Time for Swans to prove September credentials

Like the Adelaide Crows showed two weeks ago, it only takes a champion effort across the park to unsettle a powerhouse like Geelong, and Sydney will need every drop of 'the bloods' spirit if they are to get their season back on track against the Cats.

With Paul Roos' men again confronted with adversity, one feels a win against Geelong this weekend would mean so much more than the four competition points on offer.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast