Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Thread: R19, AFL 2010 Swans V Hawks: Pre-game discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    She ALWAYS gets Pyke and Mummy confused. She does talk in cliches all the time, and I doubt that will ever change, but she wasn't as stuttery as she has been. She still doesn't add anything to the call, but she didn't detract from it as much as she usually does.
    Agreed....she doesn't add anything.... she is only there for novelty value and I hope Ch 10 get over it soon.

Please tell me she wasn't the one commentating when Jetta goaled?????
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Please tell me she wasn't the one commentating when Jetta goaled?????
    Okay Al, my lips are sealed.

R19, AFL 2010 Swans V Hawks: Pre-game discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Okay Al, my lips are sealed.
    Oh bugger...
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

He kicked that ball straight to me, I swear. We were all half standing in the Noble Stand by the time he started to wheel around, I think we all KNEW it was going through. The celebrations up here were brilliant and the celebrations down there even better.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Well add her to the idiot from Essendon, and it was appalling commentary.
    Ch 10 need a good hard look at there team.

Very!!
    The idiot from Essendon had yet another snide remark about Sydney supporters not knowing that Jets goal didn't count because we were all new to the game.....all 28,000 of us. He is a stupid git. We didn't know because we couldn't hear the hooter. It needs new batteries. We missed it 3 times; and collectively I do think we should be able to hear the thing.

As for the rest of the commentary, well 10 wrote us off, and sent 4th string commentators, but honestly after our last two games its not surprising. Its just that Kelly is not a good comentator, even though she knows the game, and obviously loves it. Then again Lynch wasn't much chop to start with either, but he has the advantage of looking like a sexy beast so much was forgiven....
    Last edited by Primmy; 8th August 2010 at 10:40 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by BSA5 View Post
    I got Jetta and TDL mixed up a couple of times too!
    Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    She mixed up pyke and mummy a few times too....
    The Mummy/Myke mixup I can live with, I've done it myself with that curly hair.

As for mixing up TDL, you only have to look at his socks, they are 3 shades brighter than anybody elses and always pulled all the way up. What's going on with those socks, does his Mum have a whirlpool or something?
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

And I hate it when the commentators say as did KU on Saturday "as you heard the umpire say" and leave it at that. No, I didn't catch what the umpire said, or I didn't understand it - I need and want commentators who explain, not just describe. Also, I want commentators who can explain an umpire's decision against a Swan from the point of view of the umpire because I often don't get it. Yet the same commentators will debate the finer points of a free to the Swans, with replay, and not get on with calling the game.

And I didn't hear the hooter - Jetta had the ball and the crowd was screaming and I was screaming. Despite my niggly criticism of the commentary I thoroughly enjoyed the game - watched it twice.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314