Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The West Coast wooden spoon appreciation thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Goodes won the rising star from the ruck 99'
    Eade was our coach then, not Roos.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    The silence is deafening in regards to Naitanui's supposed Rising Star season. Half way through the year you couldn't dare mention another name other than Nicnat, it's so pleasing that it ended up being one of our boys instead.
    In Melbourne following Round 22 there was a short article in the Hun about Nat and how he did his shoulder about a third through the season. He played the rest of the year with pain-killers before going under the knife immediately following the season because the coaches wanted him to learn as much as he could in a year that didn't mean much for the Eagles. Two possible conclusions:
    1 - West Coast PR is trying to cover their butts after he was considered the Star.
    2 - The Coaching Staff are on the same gear as the players: Risking a young player, talented player like that instead of having his operation early. The possible ramifications on a young frame are huge and not worth the risk in a "junk year".
    10100111001 ;-)

What a great thread!! Have really enjoyed watching the Evils suffer this year. Oh how the mighty have fallen in just 4 short years. What was that talk about a dynasty???????
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234