Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Thread: R20, AFL 2010 Dockers V Swans: Pre-Game Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Umpires (W/L record since R1 2005)

2. Michael VOZZO (11W 13L 45.8%)
    3. Stephen McBURNEY (14W 12L 53.9%)
    15. Mathew NICHOLLS (4W 3L 57.1%)

EM: 31. Todd KEATING (Never had him before)

Coincidentally, we've had McBurney and Vozzo more than any other umpires since R1 2005.
    Next quiz night, I'm on your team.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    The only way on form and paper the Dockers can win this is if the crowd gets behind them and they play above themselves. Being 5 goals up stops this process happening.If we don't win this one against a wounded and undermanned Dockers it will not auger well for our finals campaign even if we get a spot there.
    Hmmmm...the Dockers are in 5th spot for a reason. They have played brilliant footy at times this year and have become a tough, hard tackling side. They are as comfortable playing at Subi at the Swans are at the SCG. To suggest the only way they can win this is to play above themselves does the Dockers a huge disservice and indicates a memory of the Swans' form that stops a week ago. Sure they are missing some important players but then so are we.

If Sandilands were fit, I would have the Dockers as clear clear favourites for this game. His absence gives the Swans a chance, IMO, but hardly turns them into raging favourites.

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If there is a Swans's gathering before the game could someone please advise or I'll have to find a pub packed with dockers
    Irish club club it is then! a couple of pints before I help get the flags ready!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Hmmmm...the Dockers are in 5th spot for a reason. They have played brilliant footy at times this year and have become a tough, hard tackling side. They are as comfortable playing at Subi at the Swans are at the SCG. To suggest the only way they can win this is to play above themselves does the Dockers a huge disservice and indicates a memory of the Swans' form that stops a week ago. Sure they are missing some important players but then so are we.

If Sandilands were fit, I would have the Dockers as clear clear favourites for this game. His absence gives the Swans a chance, IMO, but hardly turns them into raging favourites.
    This.

If Barlow was still playing the odds against us would be about as bad as we've seen all year. I'm hoping our local kids (TDL and Jets) will lift the Swans and Pav will stay out of touch (maybe an injury?). If we play as we did the last two weeks we can win but if we are on an "off" week we could be hammered. Jets to kick 5 - he knows where the sticks are on this particular patch of the planet.

Aren't the two Barlow stories odd and at odds.

Theirs is a great athlete, can play a blinder and is no longer available as he gets stuffed by gawdawful injury.
    OUrs is a great athlete, is fine and available, but gets stuffed as far as playing is concerned as he can't play because he ...umm....can't play.

Do you think they would consider a swap?
    Last edited by Primmy; 14th August 2010 at 02:36 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    Just rearrange my SAturday, got down the RSL, Steak Sanga and pot in hand, only to realise the game didn't start till 3pm. 1pm Perth time.

D'oh!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Just rearrange my SAturday, got down the RSL, Steak Sanga and pot in hand, only to realise the game didn't start till 3pm. 1pm Perth time.

D'oh!!!!
    Better than getting there at 3 and realising it started at 1.

Enjoy your pots...lol
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Better than getting there at 3 and realising it started at 1.

Enjoy your pots...lol
    Very true.

Bay of Plenty v Auckland in the ITM Cup just wasn't the same as watching the AFL.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011