Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: R20, AFL 2010 Dockers V Swans: Pre-Game Discussion

Suspended by the MRP

the Clown

Vozzo the clown is at times not funny

forecast is http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/perth.shtml

On the Rookie List
    Roosey's policy of "no Changes" seems to have worked at this point. Regardless what we may think about the players that are lucky to keep their place,the key thing at this time of the year is to get the team playing as one. This is hard to do if you keep swinging changes so a stable team is probably the best policy at this stage of the year( NB: "at this stage of the year")

Roosey is sticking with his 22 and the emergencies show the next in line. With Richards playing back into form and Bevan not conceeding too many goals through clangers, the backlines look like holding although Reg will have his work cut out with Pavlich. Pavlich I notice is like the onfield coach and if he is having a bad day so is the team! Go Reg!!! Could be the key clash! However,the Dockers will have an even bigger problem holding our forward line and I expect us to win the ensuing shoot out. Silencing the crowd will be extremely important so a good start is essential and kicking the early goals paramount. The only way on form and paper the Dockers can win this is if the crowd gets behind them and they play above themselves. Being 5 goals up stops this process happening.If we don't win this one against a wounded and undermanned Dockers it will not auger well for our finals campaign even if we get a spot there.

i want another couple 65m goals from Josh Kennedy!

Veterans List
    Wasn't around - who played on Pav last time? Not sure that Reg is the right match up?

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Wasn't around - who played on Pav last time? Not sure that Reg is the right match up?
    Why not. He (Pavlich) is Freo's best forward. Reg is certainly our best defender in the team at the moment, arguably our best defender full stop. Reg is fit and mobile. So long as our midfield holds their own, I can't see any reason why we should expect Reg not to do the same against Pavlich.

I wonder is anyone meeting up at the Irish Club for a couple before the game

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Why not. He (Pavlich) is Freo's best forward. Reg is certainly our best defender in the team at the moment, arguably our best defender full stop. Reg is fit and mobile. So long as our midfield holds their own, I can't see any reason why we should expect Reg not to do the same against Pavlich.
    At first, I thought the "why not" was a reference to my absence at the first game with undertones of accusations of NARFdom - but I think I'm just being paranoid.

Haven't seen a lot of the Dockers lately but subject to fitness I suspect they'll try to use Pav similarly to how we use Goodes. If so, we may need someone who can go with him thru the midfield as well up front. Just have a feeling that we'll see Ted take him in the forwards, with a Jack or McV as the midfield tag - but I may be wrong.

Veterans List
    Pav play alot in the midfield ala Goodes. Maybe ROK might be the option when he is midfielding?

I read that the 3 emergencies went to Perth!

Regular in the Side
    If there is a Swans's gathering before the game could someone please advise or I'll have to find a pub packed with dockers

Quote Originally Posted by Cardinal View Post
    If there is a Swans's gathering before the game could someone please advise or I'll have to find a pub packed with dockers
    On the Facebook page someone called Ash said there are pre-game drinks from 11am at the Irish Club and then an after-match there as well with Troy Luff and a few others.

That's correct. The Irish Club is the place to go.

Gutted I can't be there this year, should be a great game!

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast