Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do we have anyone of value (we can spare) to trade?

Do we have anyone of value (we can spare) to trade?

With the talk of Wet Toast ready to give up their first pick for Daniel Wells, do we really have anyone this year to offer for trade?

Obviously the Club has it's plans as they did last year but I think all of our big deals were done last year and we will have a quiet time this year with just our 3 basic pick ups in the draft.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

If we trade it won't be with the West Coast. The trading club with all of the cards is GC. They have to trade some of their large booty of draft picks for mature players in order to field a competitive squad in 2011. R. Shaw, Richards, Moore would all be tradeable for mine. But none of them would command a first-round draft pick; the first 2 of them would automatically have a deflated value as being on-trades of players we traded into our squad earlier. On balance, we're probably better sticking with Jesse White rather than trading him and starting from scratch again in the difficult KP forward category.

We have very few Jude Bolton 2007 (or ROK 2008) sort of players who we could (or would want to) shop around for significant value. Marty Mattner at a pinch if we got very good value for him.

With next years draft, can't see alot happening.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Senior Player
    I wouldn't be surprised if Vez and MOD would be willing to move for some game time.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Vez and MOD would be willing to move for some game time.
    With not a great deal of first grade experience you wouldn't get a great deal. Jude hasn't got long to go so I don't think the Swans would be off loading them so soon.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Goes up to 11
    I reckon we'll be pretty quiet on the trade front as we continue to develop the list we have....

Teddy has just signed a two-year deal.
    Shaw said he was out of contract (as a joke); but Teddy said he had been offered another two years as well.
    Moore's signed up again as well.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Teddy has just signed a two-year deal.
    Shaw said he was out of contract (as a joke); but Teddy said he had been offered another two years as well.
    Moore's signed up again as well.
    I find Shaw's honesty and being upfront refreshing. The first sign was yelling at Goodes at Manuka. But he's also being upfront this week - "I've been playing crap footy and the Pies would have dropped me but the Swans want me to play through it so I have."

I asked him why the Swans didn't shepherd more and he had to think about it and said "I don't know really". I asked if it was because the coaching message was to stay with your man and he replied that it wasn't but he thought, more generally, all the players weren't playing enough for each other in the Cats and Dees games.

He doesn't toe the corporate line and demands effort and that's fine by me.

Veterans List
    What areas do we need to strengthen/improve in? Before answering think about players who should be stepping up and filling roles full time next year having another preseason under their belts. We are ok for KP backs, running backs, rucks a plenty, lots of inside midfielders, a classy quick outside midfielder would be useful. Have we got enough quality small forwards? If we need one, KP forwards arent given away by clubs anyway.

Only retirement is Kirk, two or three additional will be delistings. We won't be offering any of the long serving players around as we don't have salary cap problems, didn't even use the cap haven of the veterans list this year. There's always something trade wise out of left field but I feel we may be quiet this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    What areas do we need to strengthen/improve in? Before answering think about players who should be stepping up and filling roles full time next year having another preseason under their belts. We are ok for KP backs, running backs, rucks a plenty, lots of inside midfielders, a classy quick outside midfielder would be useful. Have we got enough quality small forwards? If we need one, KP forwards arent given away by clubs anyway.

Only retirement is Kirk, two or three additional will be delistings. We won't be offering any of the long serving players around as we don't have salary cap problems, didn't even use the cap haven of the veterans list this year. There's always something trade wise out of left field but I feel we may be quiet this year.
    I think Craig Bolton might retire as well. (This is how rumours start.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    I reckon we'll be pretty quiet on the trade front as we continue to develop the list we have....
    This.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    I think Craig Bolton might retire as well. (This is how rumours start.)
    My whisper is that he won't.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast