Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: R21 Swans V Dogs: Pre-Game Discussion

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    LRT is a 50/50 according to Roos. Even if he does come in, keeping Teddy in might be an option as insurance

I would like to see Rohan find his way back into the side - he adds a level of desperation that the Swans will miss without McGlynn in the team.

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    Yes agree, glad I have booked my tix. This is only my 3rd game at SCG, can someone please explain what Seating Row BB means??? I thought the rows simply went from A to Z?
    Simple really. Some bays have more than 24 rows at certain points (I say 24 because I and O aren't used AFAIK). When they get to Z they start again.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Did anyone watch the Dogs and Cats game last night and be reminded me of our dreadful game against the Bulldogs last year?

IN that game at Manuka Hall kicked the first two, then the Dogs kicked 13 in a row to half-time. Last night the Dogs were leading 3 goals to 1 (Hall kicked 1) and then the Cats kicked the next 13 to half-time.

The Dogs were a pathetic rabble in that quarter - disposal efficiency down to 20% at one point. I don't think I've seen even a bottom side play so poorly, let alone one with flag aspirations.

I'm not sure if that's good or bad for us. They'll come out steaming, plus we've been their bitch for a while.

WE're in good form though.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quietly confident we can win this one aswell. McGlynn is a big out but on our home deck I think we are a big chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I would like to see Rohan find his way back into the side - he adds a level of desperation that the Swans will miss without McGlynn in the team.
    Went out to the reserves match today which wasn't a great game. Rohan was OK but not outstanding. I think he deserves another chance, but IMO Sumner was better. In a pretty bland match Sumner showed pace, poise, elusiveness, and kicked it pretty well.

Tough job for the selectors this week, with the loss of McGlynn we lose some spark but Smith is the obvious in and I while I have mentioned Rohan and Sumner are probably worthy they may have to wait.

We will do it for Benny!. Such commitment from a first year player gets this life-long fan misty round the eye region! and we truly owe the Dogs a demonstration of fearless Swans Football. Lets cement the Legacy of Kirk and Roos this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    You really think they will drop Shaw after two great games as a run with midfielder?

Teddy does not deserve to go either but LRT is an auto include so it's probably likely to be him for LRT.

In: Smith, LRT
    Out: Teddy, McGlynn

They will chuck Rohan in for Moore if he fails to come up.

Really looking forward to this game, hopefully will get 40,000 and we can get another good scalpe as well.

DST
    No, i don't. But i think we should keep the balance between attack and defense, so whoever comes in for McGlynn should be an attacking type, not a stopper. We are not blessed with a lot of these type players and losing McGlynn without bringing in someone who can offer us something in terms of run through the middle and /or good goal sense will really hurt us and it will affect our ability to get over the line in these last few games and whatever finals we play. Either way it's gonna be extremely difficult without him, he's one of our most Important players IMO.

Living in 2005
    Declared Match of the Round by Hirdy and Gerard at the end of the Saints/North match today. Can not wait!

Quote Originally Posted by msb View Post
    ...... can someone please explain what Seating Row BB means??? I thought the rows simply went from A to Z?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    Simple really. Some bays have more than 24 rows at certain points (I say 24 because I and O aren't used AFAIK). When they get to Z they start again.
    Not so simple actually.

At many, many venues where they need extra rows, the rows go A, AA, B, BB, C, CC, D, E, F etc..
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I agree. I think that it will be also be a valuable development opportunity for this future star.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Check the tv guide for Saturday night

Sbs election
    Abc election
    Seven election
    Nine election
    Ten swans bulldogs

Could this be the lowest rated game ever?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast