Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: R21 Swans V Dogs: Pre-Game Discussion

Senior Player
    Loks like the Lake miracle cure..

Hopefully there playing him ( Lake) under done. They have some big ins but i like ours too, Rohan still yet to have his breakout game, look forward to seeing it this weekend. Reasonably confident we can steal the points this week, but you never know what dogs will come to play.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I suspect Lake won't play. Why? Because the Doggies have only named 1 ruckman, who is just returning from that virus and have 2 ruck-capable emergencies in store.

Veterans List
    I'm guessing Shaw will be going forward again.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    I'm guessing Shaw will be going forward again.
    Or Bevan. Whichever way I'm guessing our FF line won't line up as named.

Good ins for a couple of tough outs. Our big test - can we mix it with the big boys? We're unlikely to get a better chance. Dogs have a lot of credibility to claw back. Should be a cracking game.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post

Good ins for a couple of tough outs. Our big test - can we mix it with the big boys? We're unlikely to get a better chance. Dogs have a lot of credibility to claw back. Should be a cracking game.
    I find it hard to believe we really will be able to beat them with the ins of cooney and hudson. lake missing would help but jesse ain't going to kick that many goals against tom williams even.

On the Rookie List

Scoreboard Pressure

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post

We CAN mix it with the big boys! We have proven that many times.What we have been unable to do is to apply scoreboard pressure (except recently). Our forays into the forward 50 need finishing off and without Bradshaw,with White hot and cold, with McGlynne out, we have one natural forward in TDL who has to kick a bag for us.Goodsey must be a star White has to be Hot not Cold! Otherwise the super accurate never miss forward line of the Dogs will take the game out of reach with their accuracy despite our boys matching them all over the ground.Roosey has to be on his mettle too and act to stop the Doggies having one explosive quarter that sinks us. They are stoppable,they are beatable,our attitude is good and they have a couple of shaky players coming off illnesses. I think we can win but only if the forward line functions and is accurate and applies SCOREBOARD pressure

love the ins: Rohan, Smith

Hate the Outs: McGlynn, Moore

I think mCglynn has become super important to our forward line functioning, we all talk about our form dropping when bradshaw went out but this coincided with benny's injury. Moore has also been a handy forward with clever kicks into the forward 50

On the other hand its great to see a couple of young natural forward running around together with TDL and Rohan. Add jetta at times and we will have a super exciting young forward line.

Smith will be very handy in shuting down some of the doggies dangerous forwards probably gia since higgins is out. PLay kennelly or mal on johnston cos aker tells us he has no defensive pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I suspect Lake won't play. Why? Because the Doggies have only named 1 ruckman, who is just returning from that virus and have 2 ruck-capable emergencies in store.
    If he does I hope he plays like last week. He gave away some soft goals in Cats' ten-goal quarter.

Hate to see McGlynn missing. Have we won a game this year without him?
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyDuckling View Post
    love the ins: Rohan, Smith
    Had to be, against the Bulldogs.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Had to be, against the Bulldogs.
    Very clever. Now all we need to find is if the umpires are Schmitt: Head

man i really hoped Moore would stay in the side.... he is so important to our forward structure at the moment.

good to see smith and the ranga back though
    Last edited by Peace; 19th August 2010 at 07:48 PM.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast