Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R22, AFL 2010 Lions V Swans: Our chances against the Lions

[QUOTE=Cheer Squad;503584 The last time we beat them down there was Round 15, 1987, at Waverley Oval. Can you believe it's been that long since we've lowered their colours in Victoria??? Does anyone actually remember that game???[/QUOTE]

That figure is slightly fudged considering that we have not played the Dogs (outside of finals) in Melbourne for about 10 years while they sold home games to the SCG and the AFL scheduling their home game in Canberra against us.

DST
    Last edited by DST; 24th August 2010 at 11:46 PM.
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    And if we do end up meeting the 'Dogs in Week 2, it would probably be our best chance of beating them in Melbourne for 23 years!

The last time we beat them down there was Round 15, 1987, at Waverley Oval. Can you believe it's been that long since we've lowered their colours in Victoria??? Does anyone actually remember that game???
    Don't remember that game as it was the year I was born but I do remember Paul Hudson kicking a goal in the last minute at Waverley in about '98 to steal victory. We haven't played them a lot down here in recent times but it's still a very ordinary record.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

And if we do end up meeting the 'Dogs in Week 2, it would probably be our best chance of beating them in Melbourne for 23 years!

The last time we beat them down there was Round 15, 1987, at Waverley Oval. Can you believe it's been that long since we've lowered their colours in Victoria??? Does anyone actually remember that game???
    Waverly Park?
    If u don't believe me, I will knock your bloody teeth out and not pay you a cent.

Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    Pyke did an exceptional job when Mummy went down. I think he's capable of going up against Clark and Luenberger without getting absolutely smashed, White can do short spells in the ruck but stay mainly up forward. It'll be interesting to see if LRT gets the nod as he can ruck ( done well in the past) but some reports have indicated that he's due back for the first week of the finals.
    Mountie has been improving EVERY WEEK. I love seeing LRT ruck. How long's it been?
    I was wrong about Gerard and his hair.

mummy & mcglynn are two big losses, but the swans have too much to play for. This game looms as a danger game, but we should win by a couple of goals, given the fact we have such a good record at the gabba. ROK & Jarred moore are huge in's too. I wouldn't be surprise if goodesy kick a big bag this weekend hahaha
    Dan Hannebery you absolute beauuuuutiie ~

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Unfortunately no LRT for the rest of the season. Not good for September.
    Swans' injury blows | Lewis Roberts-Thomson
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Bring back Misson!!!!!!

On the Rookie List

No, I know it doesnt count as the real stuff BUT we did beat them in a 1995 fosters cup or ansett cup game or whatever it was called back then out at waverley. I remember cause it was one of pluggers very first game, if not the first game for the club I think and he bagged about 8 goals.
    Last edited by msb; 25th August 2010 at 10:51 AM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Bring back Misson!!!!!!
    Misson: Impossible.

Regular in the Side
    Our chances are getting better as the odds are getting skinnier

Jonathan Brown rumour sparks Swans plunge | Herald Sun
    Red and white till I die

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Unfortunately no LRT for the rest of the season. Not good for September.
    Swans' injury blows | Lewis Roberts-Thomson
    There is Reid to debut or Pykey played through the CHB position and Currie to co-ruck. Barlow is 2 weeks from recovery. Still a few options.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGoodes View Post
    Our chances are getting better as the odds are getting skinnier

Jonathan Brown rumour sparks Swans plunge | Herald Sun
    Caught the end of the Lions and Dons game. They had a chat with Brown after the final siren.

Bloke then waddled off. Seriously, looked like he had a sick up his ass.

Will be surprised if he plays.
    -

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast