Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R22, AFL 2010 Lions V Swans: Our chances against the Lions

The great thing is that by the time the Swans play they will know exactly how they fit in the top 8. So wins to Freo and mugpies would be our best case scenario.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Shane Mumford blow for Sydney Swans | Herald Sun

In better news, Roos will welcome back goal-sneak Ryan O'Keefe from a groin injury for the important clash, causing a reshuffle to the forward line.
    W.
    T.
    F.
    ?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by DST View Post
    You can't read into Brisbanes form against Essendon who are currently woeful, only the Eagles are worse.

J Brown is also unlikely to be anywhere near fit (if he plays) coming off a 6 day break considering that he was played this week to get his 200th game.

Our biggest issue this week is the inevitable let down after such a massive emotional game last week.

DST
    Agree with the difficulty factor of beating Essendon - big whoop. If anything, likely to make them a bit over confident and think the result reflected Brisbane's form rather than the Bomber's lack thereof.

Also, Brisbane will face a similar problem with the emotional let-down, in they wanted to put on a display for Brown's big game, plus they were playing for $5000 a goal for charity. This week doesn't have much for them to attach to other than nobody likes to get beaten.

Just hope our boys haven't started thinking too much about our finals chances, which would have to be incredibly difficult to avoid for the youngsters in the group.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Come Saturday afternoon post the Hawthorn v Collingwood game we may just want to play for 6th if Hawthorn has lost to Collingwood.

As a club our preferred option would be to play Fremantle, Carlton and Hawthorn at home in that order.

DST
    Need to win and finish 5th, so if we happen to win the first week, we'll draw the 'Dogs in week 2.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Need to win and finish 5th, so if we happen to win the first week, we'll draw the 'Dogs in week 2.
    And if we do end up meeting the 'Dogs in Week 2, it would probably be our best chance of beating them in Melbourne for 23 years!

The last time we beat them down there was Round 15, 1987, at Waverley Oval. Can you believe it's been that long since we've lowered their colours in Victoria??? Does anyone actually remember that game???

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    I just don't see the sense in playing White in the ruck. Leave him at FF where everybody loves him and play Currie or Reid for one game as back up ruck....you know it makes sense !!
    I know right! Its only one game, it allows our forward structure to remain the same and gives one of them the chance to show a bit for selection next season. What do we have to lose?? White will still be there to take the ruck if there getting smashed as back up ruck, and then maybe they can fiill his void in the forward 50.

Come Saturday afternoon post the Hawthorn v Collingwood game we may just want to play for 6th if Hawthorn has lost to Collingwood.

As a club our preferred option would be to play Fremantle, Carlton and Hawthorn at home in that order.

DST
    I would rather play Carlton and Hawthorn instead of Freo. At full strength I think Freo would beat us like they did earlier in the season.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    I would rather play Carlton and Hawthorn instead of Freo. At full strength I think Freo would beat us like they did earlier in the season.
    I think Freo are a bit of a rabble at the moment. They won't be at full strength this season at all. The resting of so many players and the 116 point loss wont come without consequence.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

I'm with Robbo. If the Sandilands-Pavlich-Ballantyne axis is working then Freo are stronger than us. It would then depend on our ability to control the gamestyle and force stoppages, and win the clearances. Easier with their Barlow gone, but with Mummy doubtful, we would need all our inside mids in top form. Freo are very underestimated by the East Coast media. The Launceston debacle will not impact on them. They have the second best coach in the comp. and it was a sensible decision to rest the tired players.

Brisbane at the Gabba is definitely a danger game. Brown is back and kicking goals and after a poor season they'd love to finish up by knocking off a finalist.

Every finals match is a danger game. Experts are writing off Fremantle and the Bulldogs, but all bets are off in September. Teams that were hot blow cold and vice versa - look at Collingwood last year. The competition resets in the finals, so I wouldn't assume any team is beatable.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post
    And if we do end up meeting the 'Dogs in Week 2, it would probably be our best chance of beating them in Melbourne for 23 years!

The last time we beat them down there was Round 15, 1987, at Waverley Oval. Can you believe it's been that long since we've lowered their colours in Victoria??? Does anyone actually remember that game???
    That is ridiculous!!!

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheer Squad View Post

It's Time!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast