Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: R22, AFL 2010 Lions V Swans: Our chances against the Lions

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    There is Reid to debut or Pykey played through the CHB position and Currie to co-ruck. Barlow is 2 weeks from recovery. Still a few options.
    More likely it will be Moore and Okeefe in and Mumford and Meredith out with White to ruck with Pyke

On the Rookie List
    I don't agree with White rucking in this game.This game should be to settle the forward line before the Finals.So many times we have had more forward entries but still got outscored because our Forward structure or player attitude was not right. Lately they have found new spark with TDL and various players chipping in (ROK,Shaw,Goodes,White etc)What White needs to do this game is to kick a bag. Dominate and not just trap the ball but mark it. I would much prefer they picked Currie for one game to assist Pyke even if he was never used again.We need to practise hitting White or TDL or whoever is there lace up. Its too late for Reid! We have to go with the players who have got us into the Finals. I would be happy to see a FF line of TDL White and Bevan and the HF line of Moore ROK and Shaw(or Jude or a midfield rotater) Shaw could also get a "minder" role.

Being last round of the season I tend to hold my breath on the injury front rather than winning or losing. Whilst you do not want to flirt with form and go into finals with momentum I cannot help but feel particularly with our injury list we cannot afford any other players to be injured prior to finals. So keeping everything crossed we make it through unscathed.

I remember Micky O tearing his hammy in round 22 v Melbourne in prior to the finals.
    Last edited by Matt79; 25th August 2010 at 05:56 PM.
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt79 View Post
    Being last round of the season I tend to hold my breath on the injury front rather than winning or losing. Whilst you do not want to flirt with form and go into finals with momentum I cannot help but feel particularly with our injury list we cannot afford any other players to be injured prior to finals. So keeping everything crossed we make it through unscathed.

I remember Micky O tearing his hammy in round 22 v Richmond in prior to the finals.
    I though it was agianst Melbourne? Anyway i remember that too, and he was in white hot form at that point as well, maybe the best of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I though it was agianst Melbourne? Anyway i remember that too, and he was in white hot form at that point as well, maybe the best of his career.
    Yes, you are absolutely correct, it was v Melbourne.
    Swannies for life!

Definately against Melbourne, 2003.

SNAP
    Last edited by Triple B; 25th August 2010 at 05:57 PM.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Was definitely Melbourne. Thought that meant we had no hope against Port. How wrong I was!
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Was definitely Melbourne. Thought that meant we had no hope against Port. How wrong I was!
    I think we missed him v the Lions though!
    Swannies for life!

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I don't agree with White rucking in this game.This game should be to settle the forward line before the Finals.So many times we have had more forward entries but still got outscored because our Forward structure or player attitude was not right. Lately they have found new spark with TDL and various players chipping in (ROK,Shaw,Goodes,White etc)What White needs to do this game is to kick a bag. Dominate and not just trap the ball but mark it. I would much prefer they picked Currie for one game to assist Pyke even if he was never used again.We need to practise hitting White or TDL or whoever is there lace up. Its too late for Reid! We have to go with the players who have got us into the Finals. I would be happy to see a FF line of TDL White and Bevan and the HF line of Moore ROK and Shaw(or Jude or a midfield rotater) Shaw could also get a "minder" role.
    100% agree with everything you have said.

I remember clearly the Dogs game in Canberra, our forward line was a total joke. Think Bevan was playing full forward for half the game.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsAllGoodes View Post
    Our chances are getting better as the odds are getting skinnier

Jonathan Brown rumour sparks Swans plunge | Herald Sun
    Fingers crossed he doesnt play - makes up for the LRt news (your best forward for our best defender).
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Veterans List
    The Swans hierachy will know before the game if we already have a home final (Hawthorn losses) and if so then I wonder if there will be some late changes to reflect that fact?

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stating the obvious, but the ruck contest is where we are going to struggle- I thought we were maybe just in front with Mummy in, and with him out I daresay we're a fair bit behind. Pyke has come on in leaps and bounds, but Brisbane do have two rather clever ruckmen in their combo.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast