Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Elimination Final v Carlton - Including Teams

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I completely agree, and that's why I expect that (assuming Bradshaw doesn't come up) White will hold his place. I mentioned it in another thread, there's little doubt in my mind that the reason for Goodes camping in the F50 for the majority of last night was because White was playing as backup ruckman and they wanted to maintain a big solid body in a key position to crash packs in the F50.
    Yeah that was my thinking as well, but the fact is in a do or die game, we can't rob Peter to pay Paul, we just need to play Goodes in his best position, because as we've seen over the past couple of months, that is also what is best for the team.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Pretty good Fathers Day present for all the Swannies Dad's out there.... even if we do have to pay for all the tickets... Kick to Kick hopefully...

cheers
    hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I completely agree, and that's why I expect that (assuming Bradshaw doesn't come up) White will hold his place. I mentioned it in another thread, there's little doubt in my mind that the reason for Goodes camping in the F50 for the majority of last night was because White was playing as backup ruckman and they wanted to maintain a big solid body in a key position to crash packs in the F50.
    Yes and didn't Goodsy do some damage. Nearly killed McGrath at one stage. Against Carltons midfield he must play in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by JudesaGun View Post
    IF Bradshaw, Mummy and McGlynn are fit:

INS: Bradshaw, Mumford, McGlynn, Kennelly, Hannebery
    OUTS: White, Rohan, Meredith, Moore?, Bevan? Reid? (though would like for him to stay)

Good problem to have.

Is there a possibility of McGlynn returning this week, I wouldn't have thought so?

Ins. Kennelly,Hanners, maybe Mummy
    Outs. Meredith,Rohan, and Maybe Reid.

Betcha.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyles View Post
    Is there a possibility of McGlynn returning this week, I wouldn't have thought so?
    I agree, and suspect we won't see Mummy either.

On the Rookie List
    I suspect we will see Mummy play and I think that the coaching staff will want to keep Carlton guessing all week though.

I loved Sam's game. What a suprise for us casuals.

Hanners, Tadhg & Mummy IN
    Meredith, Rohan & Reid OUT

Special mention to Paul Bevan who I think has had a fantastic year and he normally might appear on these lists as possible out but he has been pretty important.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

This comment/response is to anyone calling for White to be dropped.....As long as Bradshaw is out of the side, White will ALWAYS be in.

On all other inclusion/changes/who goes out, etc etc, all I can say is....'ahhh depth, what a wonderful thing to have.'
    Last edited by johnno; 30th August 2010 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    This comment/response is to anyone calling for White to be dropped.....As long as Bradshaw is out of the side, White will ALWAYS be in.

On all other inclusion/changes/who goes out, etc etc, all I can say is....'ahhh depth, what a wonderful thing to have.'
    Even if Bradshaw is fit White won't be dropped. White has played great games against Carlton and won't be dropped for this match. People on this board are very harsh on White......

I think Rohan will be harshly done by. He's a great, tenacious player and should be rewarded with a finals appearance. His attack on the ball and the man in the last qtr was simply sensational and should be replicated by all of the 22. I can just imagine Rohan and Jetta streaming through the corridor with a chain of handpasses then hitting either one of Goodes, White, Reid or Johnston with a bullet like kick in the future. Awesome!
    Last edited by shaun..; 30th August 2010 at 03:24 PM.
    "In some ways we?re less predictable to ourselves and sometimes that can be detrimental because we don?t really know where we?re going" - P.Roos

Blog Entries
    Carrazzo is looiking doubtful, may be replaced by McLean.

I think that Reid is an exciting prospect. (for next year - given a reward for effort this year in the reserves and will be a handy back up for injuries in the finals week 2)

Given that we normally like to keep the "team" together, I think that 2 maybe 3 changes this week. I would expect Hanners, Tige and Mummy should come back in. Reid is my only out at this stage.

I like the game of Meridith and Rohan this week and most probably they will be the other outs, pending fitness tests for the 3 above. McGlynn is a pending health check and may miss another week is my guess... Whoever misses out will be unlucky on form.

Speaking on form I believe that White and Moore need to show something this week assuming they keep their spots.

Dennis-Lane - keeps his spot by being a goal kicker.

Who would have thought our back line to be so strong without Craig Bolton and LRT?

Cheers

Rod_

IMO We will go well this week!

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast