Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elimination Final v Carlton - Including Teams

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1225911949251

Kennelly, Hannberry and Mumford look good to go

Bradshaw to play in the reserves again for a likely return for a semi-final
    Last edited by Turner; 30th August 2010 at 05:46 PM.
    My Man Mumford!

Any news on McGlynn?

If we can get over Carlton, bringing both Bradshaw and McGlynn back would be huge. Though hate to think who else would have to make way!
    Last edited by JudesaGun; 30th August 2010 at 07:16 PM.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

If Ben was fit and feeling strong It wouldn't bother me who we took out. He's been one of our best. You'd take Moore out for Ben if you had too.

Agree. But who to drop for Bradshaw? Surely they wouldn't risk leaving White out in case Bradshaw went down.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing either Braddy or Benny again this year, even if we go "All the way"!

Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Sadly, I don't think we'll be seeing either Braddy or Benny again this year, even if we go "All the way"!
    Yep
    up the guts

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    If Ben was fit and feeling strong It wouldn't bother me who we took out. He's been one of our best. You'd take Moore out for Ben if you had too.
    would you? I think they compliment each other, and I'd rather have both than just Ben coming back off his recovery.

Paul Roos has clearly stated on the Club website that Mumford, Kennelly and Hannebery will return, but not Bradshaw. I'm guessing that the 3 outs will be Meredith, Rohan and Reid.

The players who continue to frustrate the hell out of me are White and Jetta. White has hardly fired a shot in anger for the last two weeks and he was comprehensively shown up by Reid on Saturday night. Reid took more marks in his first game that White has taken in a month.

I have to reluctantly conclude that White has absolutely no instinct for forward line play. Maybe if you could put Dennis-Lane's brain into White's body, you'd have an outright champion. That kid just knows where the ball is going and gets there ahead of it.

Jetta is improving, but he still butchers a lot of his disposals. The other thing that concerns me is that he doesn't seem to work hard enough off the ball. Most small, quick indigenous players are superb chasers and tacklers ... he isn't. Rohan still lacks polish but his attack on both ball and opponent is ferocious ... and he's probably as quick as Jetta. I think we got seduced by that one sublime pre-season game and pushed Jetta into the side too early.

Having said all that, it's a tough gig for the selectors this week.

I like Meredith, but he needs to impose himself on the game a little more than he did on Saturday. A bloke who goes at 90mph is always going to stand out in a side where all the other midfielders go at 100.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    would you? I think they compliment each other, and I'd rather have both than just Ben coming back off his recovery.
    Me too. The Moore McGlynn combo has worked a treat.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Sorry if already addressed, but can someone tell me what is going on with broadcasting of the game? I looked at the AFL site and seems to suggest is not broadcast in Melbourne. @@@@ing better be. It's the only game on the Sunday.

http://www.afl.com.au/broadcast%20gu...als%20Week%201
    Last edited by Legs Akimbo; 31st August 2010 at 01:38 PM.
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    Not only has he been one of our best, he's proven that he can return straight back to the side from injury retaining near-to full form. McGlynn is our x-factor for the finals and I hope we see him in time for what may turn out to be a GF against the Pies.
    Last edited by Danzar; 31st August 2010 at 02:04 PM.

It will be on Channel 7 in Melbourne. They have the whole afternoon reserved for a 'to be advised' but haven't made an announcement yet. Channel 7 has the Friday and Sunday games. Channel 10 has the two Saturday games.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast