Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Elimination Final v Carlton - Including Teams

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    would you? I think they compliment each other, and I'd rather have both than just Ben coming back off his recovery.
    Moore didn't do himself any favours with Sat night's game - no goals and 1 tackle is a poor return for a small forward. He needed multiples in one of those categories to convince me he is what we're looking for in the finals.

White and Moore battling it out to be the off-season whipping boy.

Who would have thought? Kudos to Bevo and Ted.
    -

McGlynn is more likely to return for the semi-final. Is rated under a 50/50 chance to play this week. If Bradshaw gets through the reserves match ok then without a doubt he'll be chosen to play for the semi. He's experience and the impact he can have a match is too vital. He may be underdone but he's the only swan at the moment who can kick 5-6 goals, that's what you need to win a final.
    My Man Mumford!

Despite how much McGlynn adds and how badly he will wanna play, Roo's won't risk him this week having just come off that fractured eye socket. Bradshaw will need to get through the reserve's game without any problems to play the week after. I was pretty sure Hanners was omitted so he should be back so Meredith will miss out. Tadgh will play if he passes the fitness test, meaning Rohan will be dropped and off course the same for Mumford leaving Reid to, unfortunatly, be an emergancy for the rest of the year I would asume.

In short:
    In: Hanners, Kennely, Mumford
    Out: Meredith, Rohan, Reid
    Last edited by Grady1993; 31st August 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Roos and Goodes did a press conference from Swans HQ, I think today as it was on Fox Sports news at Lunchtime. A journo asked him about Bradshaw and he joked saying that he read the article and was about to send some flowers off to hospital. No truth in the story. Then voice over said Bradshaw to be played in the ressies again this week and make appearance in semi.

So who knows??????
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

On the Rookie List
    I think the time has come.......we need White to grab the game by the horns and kick a bag. To go ballistic ,smash open packs ,feed the ball to the crumbers and to wipe out any Carlton player foolish enough to stand in his way. If Bradshaw is coming back in a week,we could even handle a one week suspension. What we can't handle at this stage is tentativeness or uncertainty.When he plays with confidence and passion HE IS GOOD. I really want to see him haul us across the line with brute force and skill. Now is the moment..he is the man for it!

Quote Originally Posted by old blood View Post

I have to reluctantly conclude that White has absolutely no instinct for forward line play. Maybe if you could put Dennis-Lane's brain into White's body, you'd have an outright champion. That kid just knows where the ball is going and gets there ahead of it.
    It would be easier to get White's body onto Dennis-Lane, than Dennis-Lane's brain into White's head!

I think TDL is going to be a really good player once he bulks up a bit - at the moment he looks like Dale Thomas did when he first started playing.

From what I have seen of White, I'm not sure that it is his instinct at fault. He's a good player generally, but is constantly let down by dropping the marks. His hands are just not secure enough. It must be frustrating for him, cause I think that he is doing all the hard yards to get into position to take the mark, and then drops it (most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I think the time has come.......we need White to grab the game by the horns and kick a bag. To go ballistic ,smash open packs ,feed the ball to the crumbers and to wipe out any Carlton player foolish enough to stand in his way. If Bradshaw is coming back in a week,we could even handle a one week suspension. What we can't handle at this stage is tentativeness or uncertainty.When he plays with confidence and passion HE IS GOOD. I really want to see him haul us across the line with brute force and skill. Now is the moment..he is the man for it!
    Very well put. I'm with you on this, and, Jesse, if you read this IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW MANY TIMES YOUR LEADS ARE IGNORED JUST KEEP ON MAKING THEM. DON'T GIVE UP. EVER. (And, yes, you are still my second favourite player.)

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    It will be on Channel 7 in Melbourne. They have the whole afternoon reserved for a 'to be advised' but haven't made an announcement yet. Channel 7 has the Friday and Sunday games. Channel 10 has the two Saturday games.
    Phew - thanks!
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

On the Rookie List
    Anybody know why the later 3pm start?

Just curious.
    Last edited by Johno74; 1st September 2010 at 02:36 PM.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno74 View Post
    Anybody know what the later 3pm start?

Just curious.
    Im assuming you mean 'why' the 3pm start? Finals always start later than normal, have no idea why and it's a 2.40 start if im not mistaken?

A few notes out of training today. And I may be off the mark with a few of them so please correct me anyone if I'm wrong. It's not always easy to see when they are on the otherside of the ground wearing the same gear without numbers.

* No ROK, Meredith or Grundy on the paddock? Reg/Mez may have been there but I just could not see them anywhere?! I could be wrong so don't hold me to it. Def no Ryan. I got there around 2.15 so it is a possibility they could have been around and left?
    * Mummy was in in the training kit with the rest of the team. Didn't actively participate. Had his knee strapped and a compression sock on his leg up to this knee. At the end when the team split up into groups relative to their positions, Mummy had minor participation and then actually walked away from his group and had a chat to Stuey Maxfield while the Ressies ran their paces. He seemed in good spirits though and does look fit. He wasn't restricted in his movement though and was moving fine.
    * Pykey was with Kirky, Kizza, Macca, Joey and Shaw working on the centre.
    * Braddy had a real crack and at times was running full pace into the goal square. Towards the end of the session the team came into a huddle, Braddy stood about 10 metres away with one of the coaching staff and had a chat, whilst at times bending, testing and putting weight on his knee. For a while during training he looked that sharp I thought he may be a surprise inclusion but not so sure after seeing him not participate in the Team talks from Roosy. When he kicks a ball though it stays kicked. What a boot. And as a forward he's a step above. They did a bit of work one on one and Braddy just knows what to do. Quality.
    * Benny Mac looking sharp. Wasn't involved in any contact work but was running well. Anyone none the wiser wouldn't have known of his injury. As soon as his face can handle the contact he's back in, and I hope we're still alive in September to see him.
    * Gaz did a bit of work up front with Jesse & Sam while LJ acted as a defender while each of the three took turns. I can tell you know Gaz turned him around and put a gap on him as quick as you can click your finger. Sam was great and Jesse looked a little slow. Sam is such a great kick though. Beautiful.
    * Roosy had a few discussions in the centre with individual players, animated at times but not in a negative way. Pykey, Moore and Rohan were three of them.
    * The team seemed pretty pumped. Lot's of talk on the field and you really got a sense that things have stepped up a notch. Gotta love September footy.
    * When the Ressies split from the main team Vez went back with the Ressies and really put the hard yards in. Busted his arse and was very enthusiastic in his work.
    Last edited by Nich; 1st September 2010 at 05:42 PM.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast