Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Elimination Final v Carlton - Including Teams

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    So its a "we still love you MOD, please don't go to GC" token selection ?
    He's a funny one MOD.

Most of us ressie watchers love him to death, when he got chances in the seniors he played pretty damn well (got a gazillion possessions against Carlton in the NAB Cup), yet he seems to have been left out in the cold a bit. He may well move on, but I can assure you he is one player I will NEVER boo if he chooses to seek opportunities elsewhere.

Strangely enough, having said all that, I don't think the club has actually treated him poorly, more just a victim of circumstances. His shoulder injury came at a very poor time for him infortunately this year, I feel sure he would have got a run at that time when things weren't looking so hot in the seniors.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Is it worrying that Roos doesn't say anything about Mumford here

Mumford, who suffered a knee strain against the Western Bulldogs, Kennelly (knee soreness) and Hannebery (hamstring tightness) will be tested at training at ANZ Stadium tomorrow.

However coach Paul Roos was very confident that Kennelly would definitely be right to play, and he said Hannebery had also progressed well this week.

Strong squad to play Carlton - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    From the interchange you'd have to say Jetts, Pyke and White are safe so its from Rohan, O'dwyer, Reid and Moore. Of course it will be Moore but does he really deserve it on form ??
    Yes.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    From the interchange you'd have to say Jetts, Pyke and White are safe so its from Rohan, O'dwyer, Reid and Moore. Of course it will be Moore but does he really deserve it on form ??
    Moore will get the nod..keep your eyes on him a bit more and you'll note the work he does off the ball. Few in the side are better at knowing 1. where the ball is, and 2. where his team mates and their opponents are. He then has the capacity to get and deliver the pill.Works excellently in tight forward lines. Gets a start every week from me.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    Moore will get the nod..keep your eyes on him a bit more and you'll note the work he does off the ball. Few in the side are better at knowing 1. where the ball is, and 2. where his team mates and their opponents are. He then has the capacity to get and deliver the pill.Works excellently in tight forward lines. Gets a start every week from me.
    x2 from me...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    x2 from me...
    x3 - and he's the general up there so he's a vital cog.

Veterans List
    - 1 from me (or is that / 1?). Still not convinced. As I said elsewhere, no goals and 1 tackle is not the return that we're looking for from our small forward.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    - 1 from me (or is that / 1?). Still not convinced. As I said elsewhere, no goals and 1 tackle is not the return that we're looking for from our small forward.
    Agree -2 from me... but will hold his spot IMO

He isn't our small forward.

I hope Reid stays in, really liked how he played last week. Moore will stay in the side.

Quote Originally Posted by chalbilto View Post
    Yes.
    Yes Yes.
    He is a smart man. He creates stuff. Go back to his games and just watch him, and you will be surprised how many times things get set up from his corner.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Agree, he's not really a small forward coz he doesn't hit the scoreboard often enough. But what is his role? He's not a defensive forward, not a midfielder, certainly not a defender and not a tagger either. Some kind of on field forward coach perhaps??
    I do like the Bulldog so dont take the above sentence too seriously, i just think he has been a bit down lately. And i dont mean since he got KO'D either, form before then. Playing his best, he is certainly in our best 22 though

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast