Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Sam Reid Debut

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    When Sam grows into those shoulders he is going to one impressive unit.
    How much did he look like he belonged?
    It is a great thought that perhaps those shoulders will become as heart fluttering as Brad's legs!
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I was impressed with his athleticism! He seems to be more flexible in his body than say Jesse White - not that I really want to compare them. Also very solid in the air with his hands as well as quick on the ground with his hand passing. Can't wait to see him get stronger and really be able to shake off tackles and hit contests harder. As I've said before - REALLY looking forward to the next couple of years. Well done Sam!

White & from what Reid has showed so far are very different players. Reid's debut was really good & I loved the way he approaches the contest & his ability tocontrol the footy. I think on that debut I would definitely keep him in the side & after all there are precedents for sides taking a rookie into a finals series, Mark "Roo" Richiuto for Adelaide for one. He is the archetypal CHF like Riewoldt etc & I thjink he will be valuable on the big ANZ where you need a proper CHF, tall, ranges that area of the ground, takes a strong mark & can kick long into the area. I am a fan after one match bring him on & we'll win on ANZ

Having watched, and been impressed by, Sam Reid in the Reserves all year I was extremely happy to see him take the field against Brisbane. It was an almost perfect debut. And so very glad he wasn't promoted earlier for two reasons: physical development (he no longer looks like a coathanger) and the risk of being overfaced by tough competition. Will miss not seeing him play in the Reserves next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Hopefully he's thinking I really need to work my arse off and do everything the coaches want of me and the opportunities will come.
    Or may that he needs to spend a little less time with his hands on his hips - just from the games I've seen him play, he's a bit of a pouter.

Sam Reid - what a fantastic first game. He looked as good as he has in the reserves, so must have a calm head on his impressive shoulders. Loving this team!!
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Quote Originally Posted by Kirkari View Post
    Or may that he needs to spend a little less time with his hands on his hips - just from the games I've seen him play, he's a bit of a pouter.
    From my observations of LJ, I cannot agree with that at all.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Nor I.

I have no idea what his work ethic is like on the training track but on the footy oval it is usually excellent. He's had a couple of games where it has dropped off a bit (and he's been slated by the coaches) but on the whole he works far harder on the ground than I've ever seen White work.

In terms of his form over the past couple of weeks, remember that he injured his hip a few weeks ago and was initially thought to be out for the rest of the season. If he looks to be struggling a little now, it could well be because he is restricted physically.

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Me either.

He has always put in and is probably doing more and more now that there are fewer and fewer full timers on the paddock. He may well need to rest his hands on hips, MickyO did so on his knees, so precident.
    Last edited by Primmy; 31st August 2010 at 03:17 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Draft Scout
    The one down on Sam was his defence, he was brushed aside a couple of times, which wouldn't be a problem against Carlton, but would against the rest.

Next year he is a good chance of following Hanners....back to back?

His consistency at Res level in being in the best each week gives much promise for 2011
    Staying ahead of the game...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234