Thread: Promotion for Sunday

Senior Player

Promotion for Sunday

One of the bugbears for 2008 was the complete lack of promotion for that game and the lack of build up. The AFL couldn't screw it up twice could they............

I've been pretty tied up the last few days but can't say I've seen much. Was up at midnight last night and noticed a TV ad but haven't seen anything in prime time.

Have I had my head in the sand or has it been OK?? Compared to what the Swans did for the Bulldogs game at the SCG, it's been very quiet.

As mentioned on another thread, I've seen an ad (which apparently is also on the Swans site). It is a bit bland, very similar to all the ones for special matches throughout the season. Also, I've only seen it once, presumably because it is only being shown on 10, which I only watch for the footy.

I'd love to see the rest of the Sydney media get on board. How about they forget channel rivalry, and get behind OUR team!

Quote Originally Posted by Swandering View Post
    As mentioned on another thread, I've seen an ad (which apparently is also on the Swans site). It is a bit bland, very similar to all the ones for special matches throughout the season. Also, I've only seen it once, presumably because it is only being shown on 10, which I only watch for the footy.

I'd love to see the rest of the Sydney media get on board. How about they forget channel rivalry, and get behind OUR team!
    - unfortunately.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

I saw it during Undercover Boss which is prime time. There was also one for collingwood/bulldogs game . If we all take 2 friends should be no problem getting a great crowd.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Made me laugh that the shot of Jacklett is of him laying a tackle to appeal to the NRL masses.

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    I saw it during Undercover Boss which is prime time. There was also one for collingwood/bulldogs game . If we all take 2 friends should be no problem getting a great crowd.
    Am bringing two friends, a R. Union Dad and his daughter who told him she wanted to see some AFL.
    hp
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Knickers View Post
    Made me laugh that the shot of Jacklett is of him laying a tackle to appeal to the NRL masses.
    haha thought the same thing!

Quote Originally Posted by Margo View Post
    If we all take 2 friends should be no problem getting a great crowd.
    2 friends who were to come with me had to bow out (Father's Day duties - one's dad is in hospital, the other is a dad and his non-footy kids have a lunch planned for him), so instead I am bringing two AFL-virgin friends to the game. Hope they like it and don't mind if (when) I go a bit feral. I've already warned them it's Finals season; all bets are off on my behaviour.

On the Rookie List
    Telegraph said this morning that 30,000 ticket had already been sold, so that's got to put us up near the 40,000 +