Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Braddy and McGlynn are back v Dogs!! - (TEAM NAMED)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    You can't bag people who want Moore out, yet sit on the fence and not answer P64's question!

If McGlynn is fit, he plays.

People are suggesting Moore to be dropped not because they don't like him, but because it is the lesser of evils.
    Exactly.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    You can't bag people who want Moore out, yet sit on the fence and not answer P64's question!

If McGlynn is fit, he plays.

People are suggesting Moore to be dropped not because they don't like him, but because it is the lesser of evils.
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Exactly.
    Precisely even.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Next week should be a very dramatic:

NO CHANGE
    He ate more cheese, than time allowed

We cant win a premiership without Bradshaw and LRT back in the side. Simple fact of life.

How are we going to contain the 3 pronged tall forwards of Pies and Cats if we get to a granny without LRT, Ted and Grundy. ????? We cant.

Our forward line is our weakest link. White is not going to kick a bag, and ROK is playing injured. In case, anyone hasnt noticed, Goodes is back in the midfield. We need a Key forward, and McGlynn wouldnt hurt either.

Now we might be able to get past the dogs without them, but we'll need Bradshaw for the prelim, and we'll need LRT and Bradshaw for the granny. At an absolute minimum.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    Precisely even.
    Okay, my reading of it is that the coaching staff regard Moore as running our forward line. If it were Moore or TDL for Ben I seriously think it would be TDL that goes. Just as Leo would not have been dropped from our backline even if he didn't match up on anyone and could hardly walk during the week. And the forward setup works much better with Moore in it so I guess they know what they are talking about.

What I was suggesting was that it won't come down to that. I expect that we will find out who is the most injured and they will be out (excluding Kirk) and the team will be rejigged to fit in Braddy and Ben if they are fit. I think it's highly unlikely that they are. Ben has a smashed face so of course he can run. But will he play with the intensity that might see him smash that plate in his head into his skull because the bone holding it there is still only like firm jelly at this stage? It was bizarre to see Ben only being filmed from the non-injured side at the game on Saturday. Braddy has got through two games in the 2s. But those who were there saw him limping vs the Swans saying he's fit. Will it be a problem if he's on the bench and Ben's in the rooms halfway through the first half? I'd guess so.

Those suggesting I was running scared from answering are dead right. I rarely make a decision with about 20% of the information available. I reckon we'd have a better chance of picking what the Independent MPs have decided on who will run Australia because we know more about that (say 25% of the negotiations). That's why I suggested that Roos will have a match-up wish list and the medical staff will grant his wishes or not. I haven't seen the list. Have you?

If they are serious about bringing in Braddy then they may look at Jetta too.

IF DANIEL BRADSHAW thinks he is fit to play then he will be in the goal-square for Sydney in Saturday's semi-final against the Western Bulldogs, coach Paul Roos says.
    Bradshaw's comeback: it's his call, says Swans coach
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

Quote Originally Posted by Red View Post
    Jesus GS, I reckon you should apologise for even mentioning TDL in that context.

Drop 3-goals Bevan? File your apology in next to GS', Snake.
    2 of the 3 goals, where pure givens, he hardly set the word on fire.

TDL isn't going anywhere.
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

On the Rookie List
    I would certainly prefer to take TDL into the game than Jetta.I thought the latter was poor against the Blues and his kicking is still crap.He got the perfect pass from Moore and stuffed up.You can't afford to do that in finals.I also think Bevan played his part.Three goals from limited possessions was a great return from him.
    If McGlynn does have to come in I would think Jetta should make way.
    Moore does alot of work that goes unnoticed although his tackle against Gartlett whose no slow coach was awesome.

McGlynn would be a handy inclusion against the Dogs simply because he's a proven performer for us. No problems recalling him.

Bradshaw was great for us up until when his knee gave out. Since then, we've managed to develop very nicely without him, and some of our recent wins have been very good indeed. TDL has been a revelation and a match-winner.

If Bradshaw comes back against the Dogs and performs, well, that's great. Provided his knee holds up, he'd be an asset, especially if we progress to the PF - and who knows after that?

But if he comes back and doesn't perform, I fear he'll simply disrupt our winning combination. It's a real risk.

Probably the best thing is to include him, then drag him at the first sign of any trouble. We can't afford to give the Dogs any sort of break this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Okay, my reading of it is that the coaching staff regard Moore as running our forward line etc etc........
    GS, my 'precisely even' and Pluggers 'exactly' is more in response to Captain's assertion that people calling for Moore to be the one who makes way for McGlynn are not necessarily Moore 'non-fans' as you put it, but just think that Moore should make way rather than TDL.

I am as far removed from a Moore 'non-fan' as you will find and I can drag up PLENTY of posts over the past few years where I've sung his praises and backed him against unfair criticism, but as it stands, this week, this match, I'd prefer TDL to Moore if McGlynn returns.

Actually, as I said before, I'd prefer ROK to be rested.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast