Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Braddy and McGlynn are back v Dogs!! - (TEAM NAMED)

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Fancy dress at one of the nursing homes?
    Henry Kendall village "goes off" on a Saturday night!

back on topic - I've had time to think about this despite my previous reservations as to Bradshaws fitness & inclusion(and I could be completely wrong) The thing is that the Doggies are theoretically playing with only 3 fit spare men this weekend., Johnno isnt in tip top shape by a long shot , and one week isnt going to make a jot of difference to him. Eade is playing him no matter what out of respect, his retirement in the hope that it will spur the team on - and it will to a point, but the difference to him and Kirk is very wide. Kirk can still run, kick and be effective, Johnno is struggling big time. He could hardly move on Saturday night, and I dont think it will take long for him to come unstuck this weekend. So I guess If Bradshaw is in and as they say injury free, that will be to to our benefit, he will be fresh and raring to go - So we really do have to play to that weakness that the dogs will only have 3 fit blokes on the bench. (of course Johnno will have load of the magic spray applied and the odd injection)
    Last edited by Wardy; 8th September 2010 at 08:19 AM.
    I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure..................
    Chickens drink - but they don't pee!
    AGE IS ONLY IMPORTANT FOR TWO THINGS - WINE & CHEESE!

Quote Originally Posted by Reggi View Post
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225915564702

If Mcglynn is in I Presume Bulldog comes out?

I can't believe we would contemplate Bradshaw?
    If Bradshaw and McGlynn come in, one would think it has to be 2 of the following to make way:

Moore
    Bevan
    Jetta
    TDL
    White
    ROK (only if injured)

Each would be very stiff as they all offer a lot, and with the exception of Moore, have been playing well. It will also come down to the weather. If it's wet I can't see how dropping a small for Bradshaw will help, therefore I think White will make way.

My out's:

Moore + Bevan (if it's dry)
    Moore + White (if it's wet)

Should neither McGlynn or Bradshaw come up then no change. If one comes up, then Moore out.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I just hope that if we drop a guy who has contributed all year to bring in Braddy that we don't get Mummy to offer counseling services!
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    White (if it's wet)
    WONT HAPPEN, watch Roo's press conference! http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...018851,00.html

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Turner View Post
    I'd say Moore will for McGlynn and White for Bradshaw althought I'd rather White and Bradshaw play side by side but I can't see anyone else being dropped unless injured? O'Keefe is obviously not fit
    It would be a huge call to drop White for Braddy. If Braddy reinjured in the game then Goodes would have to go forward and there goes a chunk of our midfield drive. Against the Dogs.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Just on Bradshaw - and I know this is a diversion - what a stinker of an effort by Voss last year.

He effectively gave up Lachie Henderson, pick 12, Bradshaw and Ritschetelli (sp?) . . . and got Fev.

Worst call ever
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Just on Bradshaw - and I know this is a diversion - what a stinker of an effort by Voss last year.

He effectively gave up Lachie Henderson, pick 12, Bradshaw and Ritschetelli (sp?) . . . and got Fev.

Worst call ever
    C'mon IU2 ... what's wrong with Fev?
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    It would be a huge call to drop White for Braddy. If Braddy reinjured in the game then Goodes would have to go forward and there goes a chunk of our midfield drive. Against the Dogs.
    Agree totally. Hard to bring in Bradshaw and drop a small though.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

Worst call ever
    And if the media is to be believied, huge salary cap issues - not completely caused by the Fev trade but sounds like that has contributed to them.

Very tough decision. I'd play both but there's no-one who deserves to get dropped.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Very tough decision. I'd play both but there's no-one who deserves to get dropped.
    Back to what I said much earlier - I think team selection will be done by the medical team from now on.

We won't get the truth until the off season when we find out Bulldog has a broken back, Jetstar a prosthetic arm, Jesse's brain had to be removed mid season, Jude qualifies for the special Olympics and our Braddy is an Avatar while the old Lion's hero is in a bed on the Sunshine Coast and really only went missing when stolen by the Gold Coast selectors mid season.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post

We won't get the truth until the off season when we find out Bulldog has a broken back, Jetstar a prosthetic arm, Jesse's brain had to be removed mid season, Jude qualifies for the special Olympics and our Braddy is an Avatar while the old Lion's hero is in a bed on the Sunshine Coast and really only went missing when stolen by the Gold Coast selectors mid season.
    And Kennelly had a heart transplant the week of the June bye and played all year with a broken leg.

Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast