Thread: Best first year player

Best first year player

Will be interested to see who this gets awarded to.

For mine a tie between Mummy and Kennedy I can't seperate themwith hounarable mentions to Benny and Jetstar

I'd run with Mummy, his star was shining well before Kennedy realised he was a good player and could do "stuff".
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Kennedy is a lock for player of the finals
    "As everyone knows our style of football is defensive and unattractive, and as such I have completely forgotten how to mark or kick over the years" - Brett Kirk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by hammo View Post
    Kennedy is a lock for player of the finals
    Yes. With Mumford having the most impact throughout the season.

Veteran Site Admin
    If you're referring to best first year player at the club B&F awards, I think they use very similar criteria to the Rising Star award (with possibly a slight relaxation on the age requirement which would make TDL eligible). If so, I'd have thought Hannebery is a lock.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    If you're referring to best first year player at the club B&F awards, I think they use very similar criteria to the Rising Star award (with possibly a slight relaxation on the age requirement which would make TDL eligible). If so, I'd have thought Hannebery is a lock.
    I thought Hannebery at first, then thought perhaps he wasn't a first year player, so leaned to Mumford.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Blog Entries
    Mummy. For sure.