Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Braddy and McGlynn are back v Dogs!! - (TEAM NAMED)

On the Rookie List
    nice to have this kind of selection problem. Roos has indicated that a couple of guys might be unlucky to miss out given the winning streak. Let's assume Braddy and Benny are both ok to play. Who gets dropped? White for Bradshaw? Roos said he has struggled without Micky O by his side, but does that mean he'll be better next to Braddy, or that he'll be lucky to hold his place. His work off the ball has been important at key moments the past few weeks. What about Benny M? Who is likely to make way for him? Moore? Jetta? Bevan has been a regular 'in and out' player, but after the past few weeks, you can't drop him. Someone is going to be hurt I think

On the Rookie List
    I've also seen people mention ROK being dropped to make way for Benny M. Unless he is injured, I can't see that happening. He hasn't been at his best, but he gives us such experience in finals, plus look who pops up to kick the winning goal when you need him?!

Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    I've also seen people mention ROK being dropped to make way for Benny M. Unless he is injured, I can't see that happening. He hasn't been at his best, but he gives us such experience in finals, plus look who pops up to kick the winning goal when you need him?!
    The goal was more than handy but you could argue a fit player in the forward line may have kicked 2/3/4 goals? Very fine line. ROK also conceeded a few goals, including a very poor one when I think Murphy? (can't remember) just shrugged him off and ran into an open goal. I can't see it happening either but he really is a concern across every area. Tackling, marking, kicking, decision making. It sounds terrible to describe him this way but compared to the ROK we know he was a deadset passenger yesterday. Hopefully he finds something in the next week/s.

Quote Originally Posted by andyn View Post
    He is injured, that's the conundrum.

I'd 'rest' him in a heartbeat if McGlynn was ready to come back in. If we were to go another week and Mcgynn goes OK and ROK is good to go against the Aints, Bulldog would need to put in a special one this week to not be the man to make way for a ROK return.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    I'd be wary of bringing in Bradshaw against the Dogs. They play a lot through Lake, who is his likely opponent, and Bradshaw might be spending a lot of his time chasing Lake up and down the field. I would be more comfortable if it was against a fullback like Jamison or Presti who don't get much of the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    I'd be wary of bringing in Bradshaw against the Dogs. They play a lot through Lake, who is his likely opponent, and Bradshaw might be spending a lot of his time chasing Lake up and down the field. I would be more comfortable if it was against a fullback like Jamison or Presti who don't get much of the ball.
    I was going to post exactly the same thing ugg. Lake will try to run off Braddles bigtime and it will be a huge risk.

This is definately one I'm leaving up to the selectors. I have enough faith to think they are not going to play Bradshaw unless they truly believe he can stand up and provide, but I'll be very nervous about it all the same.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

If Hall gets rubbed out Lake may play FF. Then Braddy would have a picnic...........

I still can't understand the mentality that White would be dropped for Bradshaw, IT WON'T HAPPEN, even Roo's says all the time Bradshaw and White are there to compliment each other (just like a Buddy and Roughhead from hawks setup).

Brashaw won't play, Bulldogs are a super quick team, McGlynn is a chance I reckon, and Bevan will make way for him.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    Um, Jesse has never been dropped for Braddy and I bet he isn't now. Moore is regarded as playing a vital role. And I can't see TDL out next week There's a selection problem for Roos.

We were being killed for height in marking contests by Warnock etc. Mummy and Pyke had to work hard to recover from that. Braddy would be another handy tall.

Is there talk that Baz was cited for mouthing off to the umps on Saturday? Can he be suspended for that?
    I heard Mumford pulled up lame after Sunday? Assuming he did (and what I say next is based on that assumption), you'd move White into the ruck, put Pyke as lead ruckman (he's really starting to show his talents), bring in Bradshaw and possibly drop Jetta for McGlynn. Or possibly rok if he's injured of course.

Otherwise, definite selection problem.

ROLLLLLL TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!! Glenn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Paul Roos at the after game press conference, when asked if Kirky had done a hammy said " No it was cramping from old age. Can't run fast enough to do a hammy"

As for McGlynn and Bradshaw, I can see some merit in slotting McGlynn back into the side but with Bradshaw missing so long how will the skills and maych fitness hold up in a pressure semi-final.
    Last edited by Glenn; 6th September 2010 at 06:55 PM.
    Premiers 09,18,33,05

"You Irish Twit", Quote attributed to a RWO member who shall remain nameless.

Channel 10 in Melbourne reporting that both are right to go.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Lake's fitness would want to improve for that to be the case. Looked very sore coming off the ground on Saturday night.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast