Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Elimination Semi Final 2010 - Bulldogs v Swans

Barry hall will struggle?

On recent form, the Swans are favourites. Throw in the Bulldogs' injury list and you've got even more reason to back the Bloods. What does Eade do selection wise? He needs pace and players who'll take risks against the Swans. He'll also need Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd and Daniel Giansiracusa to get their hands dirty in the absence of Cooney and Morris. It will be tight and tough, but the Dogs will rediscover their tenacity with Barry Hall to have a beauty against his former side.this was from the
    AFL - The official site of the Australian Football League - AFL.com.au
    site.

absolutely ridiculous. Barry won't fire....
    Dan Hannebery you absolute beauuuuutiie ~

Quote Originally Posted by maigu_ View Post
    On recent form, the Swans are favourites. Throw in the Bulldogs' injury list and you've got even more reason to back the Bloods. What does Eade do selection wise? He needs pace and players who'll take risks against the Swans. He'll also need Daniel Cross, Matthew Boyd and Daniel Giansiracusa to get their hands dirty in the absence of Cooney and Morris. It will be tight and tough, but the Dogs will rediscover their tenacity with Barry Hall to have a beauty against his former side.this was from the
    site.

Yawn- Barry was rubbish a couple of weeks ago, and hopefully the same will happen on Saturday. He doesn't scare me, as if we control the midfield and get our hands on the ball, he will have little service and will not be too much of a problem. So many people still seem to want to see us fail- I really think the club isn't getting anywhere near the plaudits for the fantastic job we have done to get this far, let alone be serious contenders for a spot in the final 4 in the comp. After the Melbourne and Geelong games we looked dead and buried, and have not lost since, including some very fine wins along the way. Its been a great season, and lets hope we can continue to prove them all wrong!

Onwards to victory you bloods!!!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by maigu_ View Post
    site.

Pfft if its anything to go by how he played against us last time he'll struggle. Shouldnt even be playing in the first place, but thats the inconsistency of the MRP for you. I will concede him 3-4 goals, but if braddy and mcglynn come in that should more than cover hall's impact.

If O'Keefe's groin issue hasn't improved this week he shouldn't play. He could barely run last week and anyone who thinks we should play him if the injury is still the same is kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbo View Post
    If O'Keefe's groin issue hasn't improved this week he shouldn't play. He could barely run last week and anyone who thinks we should play him if the injury is still the same is kidding themselves.
    Agree totally.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bazman View Post
    Looks like Shaun Higgins' is gone for the year and Tom Williams is in doubt. Higgins is a gun when he's fit.
    But a complete liability atm - there was no chance he would have played this week. They had too many crocks last week and will definitely make more changes.

Speaking of crocks, I thought all of Dan, Tadhg and Mummy looked proppish at times last week (tho all contributed). Another reason to think twice about any combo of ROK/Bradshaw/McGlynn

I've probably asked this before but can anyone recommend a pub to watch the game? One that actually playes the game with sound, not as a background screen for rugby?

If Williams is left out, all the more reason to include Bradshaw I would have thought.
    Sanford Wheeler 4 President!

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Trickster View Post
    I've probably asked this before but can anyone recommend a pub to watch the game? One that actually playes the game with sound, not as a background screen for rugby?
    The Courthouse in Newtown is a swans-friendly pub. I'll be there on Saturday night. Alexandria hotel as well.
    Last edited by gumby_bolts; 9th September 2010 at 03:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby_bolts View Post
    The Courthouse in Newtown is a swans-friendly pub. I'll be there on Saturday night. Alexandria hotel as well.
    I was thinking of the Courthouse, Alex could be fun but the Courty always has a good feel to it.

I'll rally the troups

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    That's last week's team Nich...

I think that was last weeks team buddy. Hooper in for dogs to debut this week.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast