Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloods - Win This Game.

adam cooney has no idea what his team is going up against cooney:"hopefully our boys will go out there and give it to the swannies" haha absurd. And what would Gary Lyon for christ sake.. Sammy Newman never liked the "ugly" swans from the first outset, he doesn't bother me.
    Dan Hannebery you absolute beauuuuutiie ~

Warming the Bench
    The other thing the "experts" keeping harping on in each game is how our opponents have been cruelled by injury. Anyone bothered to look at who and how many are out of our list? Incredible!

After years of frustration listening to the media down here, I am now getting perverse pleasure by seeing "experts" proven wrong time and time again.

But still I tend to burst my fooffer valve when I listen to the commentary barracking against Sydney. If Sydney are ahead they are giving coaching tips to our opposition, but if we are behind they are barracking for the other team
    Last weekend in Sept 05 - The best weekend of my life!

I think the more they get it wrong the more enjoyable it is for me. It drives me nuts at times but I think the general AFL fan is on our side and it's the Media who have no idea. We CONSTANTLY prove them wrong and they still don't get it. It will never change. All it does is make them look like bigger fools than they already are. Maybe in another lifetime it may improve but we are still stuck in the generation of clowns that have been reporting on the Swans for the past 20/30 years. I find the younger ex-players talk very favourably of us and it's only the old school knobs that are set in their opinions. Screw em all.

Senior Player
    it's not all bad, Kevin Bartlett rates us (he calls alot of our games for SEN) .

Anyways, there was a good bit on the halftime show show yesterday, where Terry Wallace posed as the Dogs coach, and Scott Lucas as the Swans coach, and they talked how they would beat each other. Was good, and Lucas had some knowledge of us.

The quicker you let go of these issues, and enjoy proving them wrong the better it is!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by yuri h View Post
    i still say we raise a red and white clad mob & storm the tv studios (torches and pitchforks optional).
    narf.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    If I hear that the Swans play 'shut down footy' one more time I will.....well I don't know what I'll do. I might pen a strongly worded letter to those 'experts' in TV land (there are a few exceptions including most of the Marngrookers). What the Swans play is tough, disciplined footy, but we also have plenty of speed, pretty good skills, some flair and we can be deadly on the fast break. I hope the boys get up 'em tomorrow night and run rings around the bulldogs. Maybe the 'experts' will sit up and take notice then.....
    Agree. What we do is what Collingwood does, and what St Kilda does, except that for most of the season they have done it better. Just like the old furphy that we flood, other teams get men behind the ball. Ridiculous, and for paid commentators, embarrassing.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    Agree. What we do is what Collingwood does, and what St Kilda does, except that for most of the season they have done it better. Just like the old furphy that we flood, other teams get men behind the ball. Ridiculous, and for paid commentators, embarrassing.
    They are not all bad. During the call last week, Leigh Matthews said we had become one of the quicker teams in the competition - and of course we have our own Gerard Healy pumping us up (win, lose, or draw). The problem with most of the TV football shows is that they are manned by Melbourne radio broadcast personalities (Lyon, Whateley, Dunstall, Brayshaw, Taylor, etc) who all call matches played in Melbourne and rarely call our games - the last one for most would have been our MCG game against the Demons (where we were slaughtered).

You would think that they would have to watch all the games as part of their job, but clearly they don't.

The Footy Show is complete crap (and has been for years) so I don't bother listening to their views. I expect that the newspapers will have a much more positive and insightful coverage of our game in tomorrow's edition (like today's Age has for Freo and Geelong).

I have that Channel 10 image from 2005 running through my mind - where they ran the list of the so-called 'experts' who got their opinions wrong in regards to the Swans - I am hoping we might get a repeat this year. Go Swans!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    T

I have that Channel 10 image from 2005 running through my mind - where they ran the list of the so-called 'experts' who got their opinions wrong in regards to the Swans - I am hoping we might get a repeat this year. Go Swans!
    I'd forgotten about that!!!! That was funny
    Life's not a spectator sport

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post

03 prelim?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIkB5-wLl4k
    Last edited by magic.merkin; 10th September 2010 at 12:52 PM.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Lovely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    it wasn't as bad on AFL Teams last night, but yet again it was mentioned how great ROK is playing right now. Ummm, okay......

I hate that they don't even watch our games and then feel like they can talk about us like they know all about us.

Geez I hope we win by 60!
    I am sorry if this was already mentioned a few weeks back but your post reminded me. I cannot recall the game, was either the dogs or hawks and Tim Watson was reviewing the game on Sunday morning's Game Day or whatever they call it on channel 7. When it was time to give his '3 things he learned' from the game etc he said something along the lines of "#2: Ryan O'keefe has taken things to a new level and is an absolute power runner"........ At that time I honestly thought that he must have fallen asleep during the game and just thought that he would get away with saying it, which he did beacsue all on the panel agreed.
    Last edited by Midfield; 10th September 2010 at 02:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    03 prelim?
    Cool - thanks for the correction & the link, magic.merkin.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast