Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Swans in the papers

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Swans in the papers

Being the only remaining game this weekend, it should come as no surprise that we have a bumper Saturday edition featuring plenty of Swans.

Fairfax (Age/SMH)

News Ltd (DT/Oz)

I'm sure I've missed some, please add to the list.

Veteran Site Admin
    I just came on to post an identical thread. Hard to argue today that the Melbourne media is anti-Swans. It is a complete Swans lovefest. Here is one more - Mike Sheehan on Sydney's recruitment success.

Sydney's master the art of recruiting foresight - again | Herald Sun

Just read the Hall article. He just doesnt get it. He doesnt understand how much he let us down, even angered us, with his unacceptable onfield behaviour in his last couple of years with Sydney. Doesnt matter right now though - it's all about tonights game and I for one hope to see a very frustrated Barry Hall throwing his arms around in a tanty, complaining to his team mates and whinging to the umps.
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

I'm super disappointed in the Bazza article. Don't know what to think of him now. If I didn't want to win bad enough already tonight, now I want too even more.

Quote Originally Posted by cruiser View Post
    Just read the Hall article. He just doesnt get it. He doesnt understand how much he let us down, even angered us, with his unacceptable onfield behaviour in his last couple of years with Sydney. Doesnt matter right now though - it's all about tonights game and I for one hope to see a very frustrated Barry Hall throwing his arms around in a tanty, complaining to his team mates and whinging to the umps.
    I understand Barry feeling let down by the people who booed him at the SCG. I personally was disgusted. Whatever your feelings about his behaviour in the last year he was with us, he was our Premiership captain, he gave his all for us and he didn't really want to leave the Swans, so why would you boo him like a bogan.

But you are always going to get that. There will ALWAYS be a bunch of people in the crowd like that. He's really focused on the negatives here, and to call us nearly as bad as Collingwood fans? Ouch. He needs to understand how his actions impacted on say even the most partial Swans onlooker. He's also made several comments before past games this year in the Media that wouldn't have endeared him anymore to the fans. He has a very big opinion of himself does Baz. And personally, i think he DID want to leave. That's it for me on this though, I'm concentrating on more positive things from here on in. GO THE BLOODS!

I think he still misses us. And he is used to being loved by everyone up here, so it was a bit of a slap.

Please note: This was a puff piece for Melbourne papers......I doubt there was much in it. Hally is not a whinger, no matter what else you say about him.

Mind you, I was very disappointed in the booing, and snapped at one of the mob who was doing so, but she said "we always boo players who have gone to other clubs"! Not so. Not Schneider nor Cookie. We did boo Jolls....but that's different.
    Last edited by Primmy; 11th September 2010 at 09:52 AM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

On the Rookie List
    And here's me, scrounging around all morning for my swannies news. Next time will come here first.
    Thanks Ugg and Liz!
    I'm not arrogant, I'm right

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I just came on to post an identical thread. Hard to argue today that the Melbourne media is anti-Swans. It is a complete Swans lovefest. Here is one more - Mike Sheehan on Sydney's recruitment success.

Sydney's master the art of recruiting foresight - again | Herald Sun
    Great article. They didn't look after the great man with the photo though haha

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sheahan View Post
    and a Burmese-born mature-age draftee from Western Australia (Trent Dennis-Lane)]
    Pity the facts are wrong.
    -

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Flossie View Post
    I understand Barry feeling let down by the people who booed him at the SCG. I personally was disgusted. Whatever your feelings about his behaviour in the last year he was with us, he was our Premiership captain, he gave his all for us and he didn't really want to leave the Swans, so why would you boo him like a bogan.
    He didn't give his all for us - and he says so in that article. If "stale" means throwing tantrums, punching people (over and over) and being the one senior player we could never rely on then yes he was stale. No he didn't want to leave the Swans, he was sacked and we're a much better team for that. I hope Reg takes him to the cleaners tonight.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I think he still misses us. And he is used to being loved by everyone up here, so it was a bit of a slap.

Please note: This was a puff piece for Melbourne papers......I doubt there was much in it. Hally is not a whinger, no matter what else you say about him.

Mind you, I was very disappointed in the booing, and snapped at one of the mob who was doing so, but she said "we always boo players who have gone to other clubs"! Not so. Not Schneider nor Cookie. We did boo Jolls....but that's different.
    I don't know why he's complaining - he got a loud cheer when he kicked a behind!
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast