Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bloods - Win This Game.

Angry Bloods - Win This Game.

I have been outraged by the negativity from the various shows. Apparently we have no running players and just have a shut down game. This was coming from Melbourne based players opinions. It also means they haven't bothered to watch any Swans games in the last six weeks. Can't be bothered with the opposition...

I was also incensed by the fleeting mention that we were actually playing on Saturday night; according to them only the Dogs are playing at the MCG on Saturday night. So much for "expert" opinion on that One programme last night (I can't be bothered to look up the name, they ignored us, I can ignore them).

In our corner is the fact that noone seems to have noticed that we are fifth on the ladder. And that Hawthorn has been knocked out. And Carlton.

My Blood is boiling. the lack of respect, the lack of acknowledgement of our existence over the last few weeks is just plain insulting.

So I implore and behest all of the Bloods to show them up, do your best, be ready, and unleash hell for me. I am taking this very personally.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side
    it wasn't as bad on AFL Teams last night, but yet again it was mentioned how great ROK is playing right now. Ummm, okay......

I hate that they don't even watch our games and then feel like they can talk about us like they know all about us.

Geez I hope we win by 60!
    Life's not a spectator sport

Marngrookers are behind us!!

(Well, except for Grant Hansen, but that's to be expected.)
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    the lack of respect, the lack of acknowledgement of our existence over the last few weeks is just plain insulting.
    I'm with you, Primmy. The insurgent glee of flying under their radar and consistently surprising them is fun and all, but sometimes it wears off and you wish that just for once we'd get treatment and respect the equal of Melbourne teams. I know the eternal Syd/Melb rivalry probably makes this an impossibility, but a few more commentators who can actually talk informedly about us, if not enthusiastically, would be nice.

Wouldn't it be hilariously funny (extremely improbable, I know) if the GF ended up us V Freo!
    I think there would be a media meltdown on Melbourne.

Veterans List
    Interesting that the various All Aussies teams presented on AFL Teams had only two or three non-Victorian players in the line-up - and one of those (leCras) came from the wooden spooner. Kinda surprising since two of us have made the final 6.

Blog Entries
    The ad for the AFL finals last night showed, the pies, the saints, the cats, the dogs, and the blues once.

WTF???

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    I have been outraged by the negativity from the various shows. Apparently we have no running players and just have a shut down game. This was coming from Melbourne based players opinions. It also means they haven't bothered to watch any Swans games in the last six weeks. Can't be bothered with the opposition...

I was also incensed by the fleeting mention that we were actually playing on Saturday night; according to them only the Dogs are playing at the MCG on Saturday night. So much for "expert" opinion on that One programme last night (I can't be bothered to look up the name, they ignored us, I can ignore them).

In our corner is the fact that noone seems to have noticed that we are fifth on the ladder. And that Hawthorn has been knocked out. And Carlton.

My Blood is boiling. the lack of respect, the lack of acknowledgement of our existence over the last few weeks is just plain insulting.

So I implore and behest all of the Bloods to show them up, do your best, be ready, and unleash hell for me. I am taking this very personally.
    Are you referring to Thursday Night Live? I didnt watch it but am surprised they ignored the swans considering the show is taped out of sydney! The footy show had their usual bias aswell, newman saying we are hopeless, lyon imploring cooney to put a rocket up his mob, all tipping against us etc etc. We should all be used to this by now so hopefully we come out tomorrow night and ONCE again prove these 'experts' wrong.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewels View Post
    Wouldn't it be hilariously funny (extremely improbable, I know) if the GF ended up us V Freo!
    I think there would be a media meltdown on Melbourne.
    Yeah it would, as it did in 05-06, although in 05 most got on our bandwagon to win the GF cause of the south melbourne connection.

On the Rookie List
    Would totally agree with all the above sentiments, living in Melbourne its taken the media a long time to recognise how good some of our performers are, finals seems to be the only time in which the footballing media writes about us down here and its only because they are forced to, prime examples are Jack and TDL, both have had previous breakout performances prior to the finals campaign but are now only getting the accolades they deserve down here.

I still say we raise a red and white clad mob & storm the tv studios (torches and pitchforks optional).

Goes up to 11
    If I hear that the Swans play 'shut down footy' one more time I will.....well I don't know what I'll do. I might pen a strongly worded letter to those 'experts' in TV land (there are a few exceptions including most of the Marngrookers). What the Swans play is tough, disciplined footy, but we also have plenty of speed, pretty good skills, some flair and we can be deadly on the fast break. I hope the boys get up 'em tomorrow night and run rings around the bulldogs. Maybe the 'experts' will sit up and take notice then.....

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast