Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brownlow - Live on OneHD in Sydney

I'm finding the whole thing rather awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I'm finding the whole thing rather awkward.
    You couldn't look more awkward than the Twig. Can that woman just stand up straight and take her hand off her ribcage for god's sake?
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Bizarre and disappointing night for the AFL

- They get a garage band to open with a 35 year old cover (WTF)
    - They get two guys to stand up and act sheepish, proclaiming them the ones to beat (neither wins)
    - Incoherent commentary and opinion throughout (lowlight from Tim Lane 'Jim, how should we live our lives' followed closely by Quartermain asking Judd about his wedding plans after acceptance.
    - Players totally bored due to the fact that they are not allowed to drink (thanks fev) - no atmosphere at all.
    - Dimwitriou idiot MC - irritating after second game round 1
    - Swann doesn't vote despite being clearly the best player going around this year
    - Judd pretty much saying he didn't feel a worth winner on the podium (did well under the circumstances though)

Major nail in the coffin of this once prestigious award.

oh, and why is Eddlestone and his weird wife there?
    He had observed that people who did lie were, on the whole, more resourceful and ambitious and successful than people who did not lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    How filthy does Eddie look!
    My favourite moment(s) and the only upside of Judd winning.

Still bleeding from 06 Blood Oath's Avatar
    Judd=better than Swan. Althouth the disturbance to Swan could have been a good thing!
    J E T T A
    R O H A N

Did anyone else find Dimwit's calling of the votes just plain annoying?? He would race through the other games and when it came to Carlton and Collingwood games, "Collingwood D........daylight........moonlight.....Swan 3 votes" OR "Carlton..........mid-evening nap.........rush to toilet......C.........still in toilet......Judd 3 votes." Just bloody read the names out already!!!
    I might have a slight drinking problem. My husband asked me to toast some bread for him...so I raised my wine glass and said "Here's to bread!"

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Just out of curiosity - does anyone remember when Jude and Kieren were suspended?
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by Allymay View Post
    Did anyone else find Dimwit's calling of the votes just plain annoying?? He would race through the other games and when it came to Carlton and Collingwood games, "Collingwood D........daylight........moonlight.....Swan 3 votes" OR "Carlton..........mid-evening nap.........rush to toilet......C.........still in toilet......Judd 3 votes." Just bloody read the names out already!!!
    It's theatre. As I pointed out to someone with me watching it, he's got to read 528 names and some of them are inconsequential, especially in the final rounds. No one cares if a Melbourne or West Coast player (for example) polled in the last 6 games when the top three clubs were clearly Collingwood, Geelong and the Western Bulldogs. Pausing adds the suspense and I have no qualm with the way he does it.
    10100111001 ;-)

Didn't Kieren take an early plea / reprimand earlier in the year? But he didn't miss any games as a result.

In the end I have no problem with Judd winning over Swan. If that finals game against us taught us anything, it's how one player can rise above a sub-par team and produce a brilliant performance. So unlike Swan who had votes being taken away from his well-performing teammates, Judd didn't have that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    ... Hanners & Kizz just interviewed on the "blue carpet"...

In response to Hughsies complaint about us beating Carlton in the finals -
    Kizz: "Stiff!"
    Good lad.

And Liz Ellis picking Adam Goodes to win. I may have to watch a game of netball in her honour. Ok, a couple of minutes of a game of netball.
    Last edited by Kirkari; 21st September 2010 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    Pausing adds the suspense and I have no qualm with the way he does it.
    A small pause adds suspense and excitement - the long pauses that Demetriou used throughout the entire reading of the count was laboured and amateurish. Why did he continue to pause (when reading Geelong's votes) after saying J.? Neither Selwood nor Bartel were serious contenders at the end, and he kept doing it. It was like he thought J. and G. were the same letter. Demetriou is a dill.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    A small pause adds suspense and excitement - the long pauses that Demetriou used throughout the entire reading of the count was laboured and amateurish. Why did he continue to pause (when reading Geelong's votes) after saying J.? Neither Selwood nor Bartel were serious contenders at the end, and he kept doing it. It was like he thought J. and G. were the same letter. Demetriou is a dill.
    I could understand the D pause for Collingwood, but I was really over the J pauses for Geelong. Made NO sense! I did like how fast he read the votes tonight though, if it wasn't for some silly padding out, they could have finished by 10pm with ease, even allowing for a few fluff moments and the Stynes tribute.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast