Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Odds for 2011

Regular in the Side

Odds for 2011

Saw the day after the Grand Final Replay the odds for next year's Premiership.

According to SportingBet. Swans are ranked 10th, with Adelaide, Melbourne and Hawthorn all ahead!! That means with the Swans' current young, exciting and most importantly developing list, (eg Rowan, Jetta, Hannerbury, Jack, Mumford, Smith, Grundy, Kennedy, Reid, Dennis-Lane, White, Pyke, Johnston, McGlynn etc etc); and with the likelihood of the return of fully fit Bradshaw, C.Bolton, Seaby, Roberts-Thompson, the bookies think that Sydney will drop 5 places next year, and fall out of the eight. Hawthorn, the bookies' favourItes are ranked 4th, (guys that 2008 Premiership is now more than 2 years old)

All I can say is: BRING ON 2011!
    Last edited by top40; 3rd October 2010 at 07:13 PM.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    We've only lost Kirk, whose influence on the team hasn't been as strong as it was in previous seasons. (Perhaps you could make an argument that we will miss the intangibles and leadership he brings onto the field). It beggars belief that we will fall down so much, or have all those other teams overtake us on the ladder that easily.

Living in 2005
    I'd only ever be worried if they actually rated us during a pre season. Same old story every year thanks to most in the media failing to take the time to rate our list, look at the development opportunities or ever take the successes we have seriously.

Some in the media did take note of what was happening in the Harbour City during the year which I really enjoyed, but generally most analysts go with "Ageing list, shutdown style" and that's the end of it!

Can be frustrating to have a local media that generally gives a positive spin 100% of the time and a national media that doesn't do due dilligence on us.

Regular in the Side
    Its because Roos has gone, but not to worry, hopfully we will get odds of $3.00 again on Sydney making the 8 and my son and I can make some more cash.
    Last edited by Bexl; 3rd October 2010 at 07:25 PM.

On the Rookie List
    Ridiculous. There is no logic behind saying we're not even a top 8 team. I personally think we'll be in the top 4 but I'd understand if they said we'd still be roughly 5th, same as this year. But to have us sliding down 5 spots? When we've only lost Kirk and had so many injuries to key players this year. Just ridiculous.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    This is typically generated off the back of the VFL...(sorry AFL) influences across the Victorian media and fan base.

Where did the Bookies place THE $$$$$$UNS for next year ????

Veterans List
    Centrebet has the Pies at $3.50, Saints next at $4.00, no way can the Saints bridge the gap, too many mediocre players in their bottom 6 or 7. I reckon the Pies odds are value.

We are sixth at $15 so looks like Centrebet are a bit more cluey than a couple of other agencies.

Lets hope for a better run with injuries and that the young players step up another level which they should, Rohan, Jetta and TDL could be very very exciting next year :-)

Opti-pessi-misti
    Who cares what others think. We have a few determined, steely individuals coming along in our team. If we have a good run with injuries we should be top four next year. Mummy, Jack , McGlynn and Hanners in particular seem to have that drive and grit that inspires others and for Goodsey, ROK, Jude, Bolton 2, Shaw Braddles and Kennelly, time is running out - they only have a two year window at best for further glory. Bring on 2011!

Senior Player
    Clearly people are betting on other clubs and not us. Oh well.

Living in 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    Who cares what others think. We have a few determined, steely individuals coming along in our team. If we have a good run with injuries we should be top four next year. Mummy, Jack , McGlynn and Hanners in particular seem to have that drive and grit that inspires others and for Goodsey, ROK, Jude, Bolton 2, Shaw Braddles and Kennelly, time is running out - they only have a two year window at best for further glory. Bring on 2011!
    I personally don't care what people think, but I'd love a more informed views/discussions on the Swans list/development etc from the media outlets.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    I personally don't care what people think, but I'd love a more informed views/discussions on the Swans list/development etc from the media outlets.
    It will be interesting to see if Fox Sports' newest star recruit has any influence on this. i daresay he will...
    Last edited by Vonsteinman; 4th October 2010 at 01:03 AM.

On the Rookie List
    If they rated us top 4 ,I would be worried because thet are always wrong!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast