Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 draft talk (continuation thread)

Senior Player
    I'm not suggesting that we completely ignore him, but the word seems to be that he will be going in the PSD. Given the number of clubs with picks, salary cap space and the need for a marking forward before us we have absolutely no chance of him falling to us.

This is not a Bradshaw scenario, clubs won't be scared away with a 3 year deal for a 22 year old.

No point even discussing unless he chooses to enter the ND

I don't know how much room we have in the cap for next year, but players in the PSD have been known to put prices on their head so high that clubs can't afford them and they fall to who they've already agreed with in principle. I don't know if that's ever worked down to the 13th pick, though.
    10100111001 ;-)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by laughingnome View Post
    I don't know how much room we have in the cap for next year, but players in the PSD have been known to put prices on their head so high that clubs can't afford them and they fall to who they've already agreed with in principle. I don't know if that's ever worked down to the 13th pick, though.
    It usually only works if you are at the mid to lower end of the ladder, there aren't many interested clubs, and those that are have minimal cap space. I would think that Anthony -> Sydney would fail on all 3 counts

Garry Moss has been invited to train with the Swans. Could be a useful addition to the Sydney Hawks, I mean Swans line up.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/ar...nds-on-sydney/

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by SydAFLFan View Post
    Garry Moss has been invited to train with the Swans. Could be a useful addition to the Sydney Hawks, I mean Swans line up.
    I seem to remember that Moss in his draft profile a few years back was a Swans supporter despite coming from Perth. Reece Conca who appears to be coming into calculations with our first pick is also a Swans supporter, again hailing from Perth.

Given our success with Kennedy and McGlynn this year, I'm all for testing out ex Hawthorn players - bring on the two Beau's as well I say!

Unlike last year, there are likely to be quite a few clubs with picks before us in the PSD so actually getting the player you want will be more difficult than Bradshaw last year. It does help however that players like Bruce, Anthony, Houli etc are on the radar of clubs before us in the pecking order. If we really want one or more of these players and they are eligible for the ND then using a late ND pick may be the way to go rather than the PSD although I think a minimum two year contract is needed.

Shaping up for an interesting few weeks.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    But the afl.com.au page says we have requested no extra players in pre-season training.

Spangher to train with Hawks - AFL.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    But the afl.com.au page says we have requested no extra players in pre-season training.
    From the Sports News Article:
    "Moss was not on the original AFL list with permission to train at a club without being on an official team list.

But it is understood that new Sydney coach John Longmire is keen to examine the young Hawks? talents and AFL potential.

Hawthorn 2008 premiership defender Stuart Dew is into his second season as a development and assistant coach at Sydney and will also have an influence on whether Moss is extended any prospect of staying at the Swans.

Moss is not expected to be taken by Sydney at the national draft conducted on the Gold Coast just three days later, but could be given a career reprieve in the December pre-season draft intake or as a rookie listed player."

Another goal-sneaking forward. I suppose competition for spots is a good thing.
    10100111001 ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post

Spangher to train with Hawks - AFL.com.au
    ah, well, that means its set in cement...
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    I seem to remember that Moss in his draft profile a few years back was a Swans supporter despite coming from Perth. Reece Conca who appears to be coming into calculations with our first pick is also a Swans supporter, again hailing from Perth.

Given our success with Kennedy and McGlynn this year, I'm all for testing out ex Hawthorn players - bring on the two Beau's as well I say!

Unlike last year, there are likely to be quite a few clubs with picks before us in the PSD so actually getting the player you want will be more difficult than Bradshaw last year. It does help however that players like Bruce, Anthony, Houli etc are on the radar of clubs before us in the pecking order. If we really want one or more of these players and they are eligible for the ND then using a late ND pick may be the way to go rather than the PSD although I think a minimum two year contract is needed.

Shaping up for an interesting few weeks.
    Someone I know very well played against Beau Dowler at under age and sais he was grossly overrated, mainly due to his physic. His over rating as a draft pick was reflected in his play and application at Hawthorn. Sure he had a set back before he played and that is just another reason for his poor form. Not good enough for mine.

Warming the Bench
    I'm sorry if it has already been reported, but isn't Garry Moss Peter Bedford's nephew or some sort of relation

Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    I'm sorry if it has already been reported, but isn't Garry Moss Peter Bedford's nephew or some sort of relation
    He's certainly not a Rolling Stone fan. ROR (asian version)
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Dogs make tough call on Hahn

Mitch Hahn delisted by the Dogs
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast