0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - ROK is hot

1 3.03%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Rate the Season: #5 Ryan O'Keefe

2010 Rate the Season: #5 Ryan O'Keefe

We're back!!!
    Now that the tension and excitement of the Troy Luff Medal count is over ...

You know the drill ....
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Started the season on fire, then suffered a concussion late in the Round 6 game against Brisbane and struggled to run out games after that. His best games were against Adelaide in Round 2 and Hawthorn in Round 19? where he kicked 4 goals despite playing a run-with role against Luke Hodge and who could forget his go-ahead goal in the Carlton ANZ final.

5 - mainly for persisting with the injury throughout the year but we know he can play at a higher level more consistently.
    Last edited by ugg; 10th November 2010 at 12:13 AM.

I don't get the voting system. Why is 1 - ROK is Hot???....

Obviously soldiered though the season carrying an injury. Hopefully does a bit of work on his groin in the offseason...probably a victim of the high standard he has set for himself.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I love my team and generally back our players to the hilt, but his decision to declare himself fit for the finals when he clearly wasn't and was little more than a passenger has really lost him respect in my eyes. To be honest, I'm still mightily pissed off.

Maybe I'm too tough, but if I was in his shoes I doubt if I could have just sat back and watched teammates (Bevo and Jesse) get forced out of the team after playing seniors all year whilst I took my place in a do or die final knowing I was at around 30% fitness, if that.

There, I've said it.....
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I don't get the voting system. Why is 1 - ROK is Hot???....

Obviously soldiered though the season carrying an injury. Hopefully does a bit of work on his groin in the offseason...probably a victim of the high standard he has set for himself.

A while ago, in this place, if you put up a poll "ROK is hot" was always an option.
    Wait till Goodesy's turn!!
    Last edited by AnnieH; 10th November 2010 at 06:54 AM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Blog Entries
    I gave him a 6, started like a gun and fizzled as the pain set in.

He has had surgery, and rehab is progressing well.
    He is back on the bike!!

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    I love my team and generally back our players to the hilt, but his decision to declare himself fit for the finals when he clearly wasn't and was little more than a passenger has really lost him respect in my eyes. To be honest, I'm still mightily pissed off.

Maybe I'm too tough, but if I was in his shoes I doubt if I could have just sat back and watched teammates (Bevo and Jesse) get forced out of the team after playing seniors all year whilst I took my place in a do or die final knowing I was at around 30% fitness, if that.

There, I've said it.....
    I agree - though not to the point of being mightily pissed off; just wishing he would've been more aware of his form and taken more time off.

That said, I had to vote "ROK is hot", however.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I love my team and generally back our players to the hilt, but his decision to declare himself fit for the finals when he clearly wasn't and was little more than a passenger has really lost him respect in my eyes. To be honest, I'm still mightily pissed off..
    5 - Whilst not mightily pissed off it has annoyed me. In hindsight it was a selfish and un-BLood like. Even un-Pebbles like. Would his ommission and Bevo's inclusion in the SF have made 6 points of difference? Who knows? It probably would have.

Now just s'pose ....
    We would have then played the Aints with Bradshaw having his kicking straightened up. A tight win then a GF against the Pies, a game we would have had a great chance of winning because the Pies would have been over confident and caught unawares by the Bloods. Bevo would have kicked two telling goals in the final quarter and the Swans would have been 2010 premiers.
    But of course this didn't happen because Pebbles was playing injured.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

There, I've said it.....
    Agree 100% with everything you said Trips (and I was mightily pissed off also)!

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    5 - Whilst not mightily pissed off it has annoyed me. In hindsight it was a selfish and un-BLood like. Even un-Pebbles like. Would his ommission and Bevo's inclusion in the SF have made 6 points of difference? Who knows? It probably would have.

Now just s'pose ....
    We would have then played the Aints with Bradshaw having his kicking straightened up. A tight win then a GF against the Pies, a game we would have had a great chance of winning because the Pies would have been over confident and caught unawares by the Bloods. Bevo would have kicked two telling goals in the final quarter and the Swans would have been 2010 premiers.
    But of course this didn't happen because Pebbles was playing injured.
    Oh Rogues, that just hurts to think about.............

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?

Probably should of traded him.....

Nah, that's being a bit harsh. The guy was injured (Well that's the excuse I'm giving him) for the 2nd half of the season. Up until now he's been an absolute gun. Here's hoping he plays 2011 like we all know he can.

6 from me. Don't think i could bring myself to vote lower. Obviously injured. Tough little bugger. Started high up the scale and dropped back. And B, I agree. Its not just his call, it was the coaches as well. And they made the wrong call, and we were right and they were wrong. But he has worked so well with Macca in marshalling, perhaps the thought of bringing in a lower order who has no experience in this (although Hanners will shortly be able to do this job) was just not considered. Annoyed, but not unforgiving.

Honestly, do any of you think we would have beaten Collingwood on the day?
    Last edited by Primmy; 10th November 2010 at 12:56 PM.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post
    ... Honestly, do any of you think we would have beaten Collingwood on the day?
    Depends which Pies team showed up - I mean, the Poos and Wees beat them in one of the final rounds.

1st GF? Maybe
    2nd GF - it would have been embarassing.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 10th November 2010 at 01:18 PM.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast