Thread: Team ACT?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Team ACT?

My take on the "Canberra connection":

TEAM ACT?

Not a great move when they've billed themselves as a team for the Western Sydney community...
    Last edited by Sometimes; 10th November 2010 at 09:15 PM.

Expect no more from a rudderless ship! ... they will go anywhere they think they can get some support without effort. I see that they are promising a "GWS Academy in Canberra", but they STILL have no academy structure in place in Sydney (promised for November 2010 - oh that's a shame). Yet, they continue to restrain kids from screening with the Swans ... which used to be ILLEGAL in a democracy.

If it happens, the big reveal (which was also promised for July this year) should be underwhelming ... I have it on good authority that they will be the Western Sydney Sycophants ... black with a yellow streak down the back ... so if they can't get crowds at Homebush or Manuka, we might see them playing out of Punt Road, hoping to fool the locals down there!

Quote Originally Posted by unconfuseme View Post
    Expect no more from a rudderless ship! ... they will go anywhere they think they can get some support without effort. I see that they are promising a "GWS Academy in Canberra", but they STILL have no academy structure in place in Sydney (promised for November 2010 - oh that's a shame). Yet, they continue to restrain kids from screening with the Swans ... which used to be ILLEGAL in a democracy.

If it happens, the big reveal (which was also promised for July this year) should be underwhelming ... I have it on good authority that they will be the Western Sydney Sycophants ... black with a yellow streak down the back ... so if they can't get crowds at Homebush or Manuka, we might see them playing out of Punt Road, hoping to fool the locals down there!
    Could not agree more. These blokes are going to be a joke.

What gets me cross is that they'll play teh Swans and probably Collingwood at ANZ so Mr Taxpayer (all of us) are funding this TV team's new stadium that will get use 5 or 6 times a season. A total and utter disgrace.

These clowns will be entering the pre-season of their first AFL season this time next year. It's hard to see on any level how they will be successful.....

Who cares, they are just another club.
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by goswannie14 View Post
    Who cares, they are just another club.
    That's being quite generous isn't it? Club implies organisation and GWS is a tip after the ibis get through it.

GWS Ibis. Yes, they stink that bad.
    10100111001 ;-)

Why the hate of GWS? As AFL people in this pagan land of League and Soccer shouldn't we welcome another team. It will only add to the interest of AFL in Sydney, no matter how poorly they perform..... and don't come back with the AFL should support grass roots, they do. I heard once that there are more AFL development officers in NSW than Basketball has in the entire Country.