Thread: Vale Club Swans

Vale Club Swans

According to the following article, The battle for drinkers' dollars the days of Club Swans are limited. Not that that is a bad thing.

The article explains the reason as following:

But it was left to 44-year-old Chris Cheung, a first-generation hotelier, to cause the largest waves last month by buying the renowned Bourbon and Beefsteak in Kings Cross and the neighbouring Club Swans for a bargain $22 million, amid rumours that he plans to create a super-bar to rival the Hemmes family's Ivy complex.

What a bargain.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Wrong place for an AFL Family Club venue anyway. Should do a deal for an Eastern Suburbs location as an away game venue and another in North West Sydney say Castle Hill RSL. Maybe other places as well.

I wonder if the Moore Park Bowling Club is still an option?

A nice stroll across to the club after the game waiting for the traffic to clear for a couple of hours. Perfect.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

You could come to my place;

Found going to Kings Cross a bit challenging. Just not me.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Regular in the Side
    I always thought that a social club should be adjacent to the SCG within Fox Studios.

Not directly related to the Swans, but there were early plans to have a hotel attach to the now Trumper Stand.

Looking at the logistics, (and I am no expert), but I suggest it would be feasible to build a social club around that area, ie behind and annexed to the back of the Trumper Stand.

A new venue will depend on what they are looking for, either a genuine social club or an investment to diversify our revenue.

The trouble with the Club Swans venue was that it tried to be both.

It's not close enough to the SCG, nor easy to get to or a family enviroment to drag members and supporters along for these situations and the days of a club plastered with a football teams colours, logo's etc working as a stand alone business in a more discerning inner city location are long gone.

A reasonable idea, but about 25 to 30 years too late.

Need to look at a stand alone venue close to the SCG that can cover it's cost when only be used fully for 8 to 9 times a year and as an away game venue for members and supporters can get together.

DST
    Last edited by DST; 12th December 2010 at 09:42 PM.
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Suspended by the MRP reigning premier's Avatar
    Is that the truth?? Or did you read it in the Telegraph?
    Should of bought the bat and ball when it was up for sale not that long ago.

Genuine money spinner and close enough to the SCG

Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas