Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Media predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    The Herald-Sun hasn't had any credibility for years. This article is a good example of the reasons for that. It is glossy, full of eye-catching graphics and little sidebars here and there like the one comparing us to David Hasselhoff, and when you look for some actual content, all you can find is some superficial piece of fluff about love and passion.

The whole paper - from its front page to its political coverage to its nauseating shock-jock opinion columnists to its sports coverage - is intellectual fairy floss. It is the newspaper equivalent of Sydney talkback radio.

And saddest of all: it's the top-selling paper in the country.
    +1.

i read the age at home, and the hs at work. and its full of crap.

McVeigh for Brownlow Site Admin RogueSwan's Avatar
    Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Loved Rohan Connelly article! Summed up what most Swans supporters already know. We are a top 8 side and pushing for a double chance.
    Going through his predictions (http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...312-1bs71.html and http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...305-1biwt.html) so far have yielded this:

5 FREMANTLE
    6 HAWTHORN

8 NORTH MELBOURNE
    9 CARLTON
    10 Melbourne
    11 Essendon
    12 ADELAIDE
    13 Richmond
    14 PORT ADELAIDE
    15 West Coast
    16 Brisbane
    17 Gold Coast

This leaves Pies, Saints, Dogs, Cats and us.
    I don't imagine he would put us in front of any of the other four but then again ...
    Maybe bump the Dogs down to 7th and put us in fourth?
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Blog Entries
    AFL Previews: Sydney Swans - AFL - Sportal Australia

After Round 24: The Swans will be thereabouts in September, but they won't advance beyond the first week of the finals. Sportal has them pencilled in for eighth place in 2011, one spot below last year.
    And no N Smith in the best 22???

Veteran Site Admin
    Didn't anyone tell them we finished 5th last year?

Is actually a pretty decent review until the end..... AFL Previews: Sydney Swans - AFL - Sportal Australia

After Round 24: The Swans will be thereabouts in September, but they won't advance beyond the first week of the finals. Sportal has them pencilled in for eighth place in 2011, one spot below last year.
    Ummmmm didn't we finish 5th.....?

Peace

Geez I hate the media

The 'Adam Goodes to the ruck' part also does the Sportal article no favours.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    or L Jetta

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    The 'Adam Goodes to the ruck' part also does the Sportal article no favours.
    When did Robert Walls move to sportal?

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    When did Robert Walls move to sportal?
    10100111001 ;-)

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by tasswan View Post
    or L Jetta
    Or N Malceski.

He might be injured but he's still in our best 22

I was listening to SEN last week doing some work at night. One Swans supporter called up after the Saints game and said he thought we were a good chance of a top 4 spot. Both of the show hosts disagreed and at that point basically gave him the boot. A Saints caller called up a little bit later and said 'that the Swans supporter was kidding himself if he thought the Swans were a chance of going top four'. One of the commentators then decided to give us some credit: 'To be fair, every year a team from outside the eight always improves a lot and comes into finals' so it wasn't a completely far fetched situation.

I almost flipped the @@@@. WE FINISHED 5TH LAST YEAR! MOVING UP ONE BLOODY SPOT IN THE LADDER IS HARDLY A STRETCH! I wish someone south of the border (apart from swans supporters) would finally pull their head out of their arse and realise the Swans are NOT some minnow, fledgling side. We are the REAL DEAL. A finals bound side with a balanced team, a home ground advantage and @@@@ load of belief!

God, situations like this give me so much grief. I obviously didn't expect to be rated much of a chance (becasue we are perennially underrated), but at least give us credit for what we achieved last year: 5th and one bad quarter away from a prelim final.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast