Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Media predictions.

Quote Originally Posted by magic.merkin View Post
    Anthony Hudson had us as the biggest sliders of 2011, out of the 8! 9-11

Awesome work guys
    I see it but I don't believe it you goose.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Here's Rohan Connolly's prediction:

Collingwood
    Western Bulldogs
    St Kilda
    Geelong
    Fremantle
    Hawthorn
    Sydney
    North Melbourne

Carlton
    Melbourne
    Essendon
    Adelaide
    Richmond
    Port Adelaide
    West Coast
    Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...322-1c4lu.html

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    The Age 2011 Footy Guide arrived today and the experts predicted for the Swans as follows: Robert Walls 10th; Garry Lyon 8th; Matthew Lloyd 6th. I laughed out loud when I read the first one! Rohan Connolly has us dropping from 5th to 7th. Go figure.
    Robert Walls makes my point that only the meatheads haven't noticed that the Swans played finals last year and are at least around the same mark this year.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    Here's Rohan Connolly's prediction:

Collingwood
    Western Bulldogs
    St Kilda
    Geelong
    Fremantle
    Hawthorn
    Sydney
    North Melbourne

Carlton
    Melbourne
    Essendon
    Adelaide
    Richmond
    Port Adelaide
    West Coast
    Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-new...322-1c4lu.html
    I reckon Freo over achieved last year, wouldn't be surpised to see them slide. No Carlton in the 8 ignores the wealth of talent they have.

Footy media pundits make the most stupid observations (or lack of observations) every year, all season. Only a handful really know their stuff, Sheahan, Pickering etc are the best, the worst are not even worth reading or listening to. They often don't have any depth of knowledge to evaluate the team that is likely to take the park, still rating teams on their best 22. Be interesting to see the best 22 that the hacks put up for Sydney, they might find they can't even name 22!

Interesting to see how the AFL captain's rated teams, they actually play against them so know the other teams abilities really well.

Veteran Site Admin
    AFL 360 had a segment this evening where they spent 60 seconds discussing one specific question on each club. For the Swans, the question was "do they have enough pace to complement their inside grunt". Eventually the panel concluded that with Rohan, Jetta and TDL we did - and David King even mentioned Sumner. But along the way they got a bit bogged down wondering whether Jack was really a slow player.

Both King and McLure (sp?) had the Swans in the lower reaches of their top 8.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    P.Roos previews Round 1.

Paul Roos previews AFL round one | AFL | Fox Sports

Oh dear Paul, you might want to obtain a copy of Melbourne's 2011 playing list

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    P.Roos previews Round 1.

Paul Roos previews AFL round one | AFL | Fox Sports

Oh dear Paul, you might want to obtain a copy of Melbourne's 2011 playing list
    I think he's just saying that the loss of the players he mentions is going to make things harder for those who are left.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I think they have some good young talent but I was surprised they didn't keep some of the older heads around to help a little bit in the development in the young players. Cameron Bruce is still a very good player, James McDonald is a very good player, I rate Brad Miller highly as well. It puts a lot of pressure on Jack Trengove, Tom Scully and the like
    It is written roughly, but I think Roosy is trying to say that without the experience that has left (who are still good footballers) the young guys wil have a lot of pressure on them?

edit: Dim beat me to it.
    Last edited by RogueSwan; 24th March 2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: too slow
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Ah okay. I didn't link the two together. My bad. Carry on

Senior Player
    The Daily Telegraph season predictor booklet said that Paul Bevan has something to prove.
    No , he does not - unless they mean proving how daft it was to drop him for that Doggies game.

Still , I guess we cannot live in the past and must move forward.
    Now , I'm just off to check if the AFL corrected their error in the Round One team lists - we all spotted that the sub-editor failed to include KIRKY , didn't we ?

In round 2, Rohan Connolly tipped against the Swans because Sydney "struggles" at ANZ. In round 3, he thought the Swans would lose because they "struggle to win" at Subiaco.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Quote Originally Posted by ShockOfHair View Post
    In round 2, Rohan Connolly tipped against the Swans because Sydney "struggles" at ANZ. In round 3, he thought the Swans would lose because they "struggle to win" at Subiaco.
    It's a good thing we "struggle against Geelong" then isn't it.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast