Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Guernsey Presentation Dinner 2011

Guernsey Presentation Dinner 2011

What a top night!!!

McVeigh gave the best speech I've ever heard at a footy function. I can now see why they made him captain. Seriously, (I'm dead-set serious for once) it was inspirational.

The troops are rip roaring ready to go.
    B1 is beside himself with excitement. He can't wait to get out and play.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again ... they've beefed up something big. Real Commando ... you're going great guns - keep it up. Josh P Kennedy's arm muscles are almost as big as Kels. They've multiplied.
    NicMal was walking pretty well for someone who has just had tupperware inserted.

I said to Josh P Kennedy that NicMal looked like the lead singer of Spandau Ballet. He said "who". I said, "you know, 80s new romantics - spandau ballet, duran duran". Again, a blank look. No freakin idea. Stewie, on the other hand, cracked up laughing as soon as I said Spandau Ballet. Funny.

Scott's going to download my pic for your viewing pleasure.

Rachael, Jenny, Matt and all at the Club who put tonight on ... a fabulous night. Thank you very, very much.

Cheers

Last edited by ScottH; 17th March 2011 at 08:03 AM.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

I just read the excerpt of the speech on the Swans website. Wow. Not bad for the footballer formerly known as McHack.

Youth of today (insert 'shaking head sadly' icon).
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

What a speech, and now I want another flag more than ever before!

I love supporting a club that's as proud as the Swans.

great speech

McVeigh vows nothing will hold back Swans - Official AFL Website of the Sydney Swans Football Club

you can feel the blood runs thick and red with Macca !!!

it could be his best season ever...........and given our rotation of Jetta, McGlynn, Hannes, Rok, Kennedy pushing off the foward lines back into the midfield I am positive that Macca will play predominantly the role that Kirk played so well for us for many years..................Go Macca...........shut down the best midfielder the opposition dishes up for us............and make them look ordinary !
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Here's the speech here if you can't read it from the link:

"I am Jarryd McVeigh. And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
    free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?" "Two thousand against ten?" - another veteran shouted. "No! We will run - and live!"
    "Yes!" McVeigh shouted back. "Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our premiership!"
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I am positive that Macca will play predominantly the role that Kirk played so well for us for many years..................Go Macca...........shut down the best midfielder the opposition dishes up for us............and make them look ordinary !
    I am positive he won't predominantly play anything like the old "Kirk role".

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    I am positive he won't predominantly play anything like the old "Kirk role".
    Yeah.
    Kirk he's not.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Bas - That was a great speech. Macca will be our Lethal Weapon this year I think.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Here's the speech here if you can't read it from the link:

"I am Jarryd McVeigh. And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And
    free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?" "Two thousand against ten?" - another veteran shouted. "No! We will run - and live!"
    "Yes!" McVeigh shouted back. "Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one chance, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our premiership!"
    You could have at least spelled his name right...

Jarrod is a bitch of a name to spell, because so many parents are unhappy with the o and want to be unique, they change it to an e, y, a, i. Which confuses us all.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephalik View Post
    Jarrod is a bitch of a name to spell, because so many parents are unhappy with the o and want to be unique, they change it to an e, y, a, i. Which confuses us all.
    Forget winning a Premiership. I don't think the Swans should rest until we've collected a complete set.

Quote Originally Posted by swansrob View Post
    You could have at least spelled his name right...
    I was pretending to be a Daily Telegraph journo - too lazy to do research!!!
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast