• Bombers - between 20 and 39 points

4 7.69%
  • Bombers - 40 points or more

0 0%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Round 2 - Essendon

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    Moore may get the structure right but he is not a heavy scorer and often butchers opportunities.
    You heard Longmire say that it's often only on Monday that they realise how vital Moore is to our success. As Primmy said of the midfield on Sunday, if Kirk had been there directing the troops we probably would have won. Ditto for Moore. And why does everyone want to bring an injured TDL back into the team? Why not aim higher and ask for Mal instead?

Time for L J to debut I would have thought.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    You heard Longmire say that it's often only on Monday that they realise how vital Moore is to our success. As Primmy said of the midfield on Sunday, if Kirk had been there directing the troops we probably would have won. Ditto for Moore. And why does everyone want to bring an injured TDL back into the team? Why not aim higher and ask for Mal instead?
    Why stop at Mal, Bradshaw anyone?
    I hope that the boys, especially goodsey, have done a bit of kicking practice over the week cause we sure need to get a lot more accurate if we are going to have a fair dinkum crack this year

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Why stop at Mal, Bradshaw anyone?
    I hope that the boys, especially goodsey, have done a bit of kicking practice over the week cause we sure need to get a lot more accurate if we are going to have a fair dinkum crack this year
    My question is where was the goal kicking practice over the summer? Looked just as poor in front of goal as last year. Its something I have never understood, as no matter how good a team you are, if you can't kick straight you don't win games, and as teams have learnt (especially Geelong in 2008) it can cost you BIG time on the big days.

13 faithless traitors on RWO!!
    Occupational hazards:
    I don't eat animals since discovering this ability. I used to. But one day the lamb I was eating came through to me and ever since then I haven't been able to eat meat.
    - animal psychic Amanda de Warren

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Swannies View Post
    The coaches used to say the same thing about Luke Ablett.That kind of muddled thinking caused us to play him for one season too many. Now they say this about Moore.
    Selection is simple.If your form,your standard of play(includes goal kicking) ,your pace,your decision making doesn't warrant selection then you should not get picked. We should never pick a player because he can organise a forward line.That's the coaches job! If players are not listening to the coach we have a problem!!!

Sir Ashmole Gruntbucket hot potato's Avatar
    Hirdy is a formidable presence at the helm of the Bombers, they will walk the walk for him, I loved the way he played, very fair.
    But the Swans will see them off, with the home ground advantage, ..... just.... 8 points.

HP
    "He was proud of us when we won and he was still proud of us when we lost' Tami Roos about Paul Sept 06.

i watched the boys live last week and at best we were mediocre,i reckon where in trouble this week
    Now this is a thread that i would expect on the ego -centric, wank session that is redandwhiteonline.com...
    MAD
    Pushin Limits

Quote Originally Posted by satchmopugdog View Post
    I would take Collingwood fans any day over Essendon fans.....I have never recovered from the 80's ....and absolutely loathe Essendon and Hawthorn. Through sheer hate I hope we win, but realistically I think I think THEM by 10 points
    At the 96 prelim, I sat in the O'reilly stand smack dab in the middle of a large group of Essendon fans, must have been a package of them, they were rather well behaved, but then these were not the cheap seats. I, on the other hand, was rather off my nut, and behaved very badly, of course, I have no shame about that, after all, it is the footy
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Quote Originally Posted by GongSwan View Post
    At the 96 prelim, I sat in the O'reilly stand smack dab in the middle of a large group of Essendon fans, must have been a package of them, they were rather well behaved, but then these were not the cheap seats. I, on the other hand, was rather off my nut, and behaved very badly, of course, I have no shame about that, after all, it is the footy
    The bummer fans around us today (in the middle of swannie member central) were fantastic ... when they were winning and when they lost.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123