Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Happy with Horse

Quote Originally Posted by Xie Shan View Post
    I for one hope he doesn't read every post on RWO! It's fantastic if the coaching staff are open to ideas, but I'd be worried if they needed us to tell them how to do their jobs...
    So does that mean Nick Davis and Pat Vezpremi should come back to the Swans asap? They'd be certain selections every week based on past ROW post history.

i want him to say hello to me on tv
    Theres not much left to say

If he listens to us he should have MykePyke on deck Saturday; and rest umm, Everitt?

You couldn't sub Jetts, he would go off and create havoc not necessarily to our advantage. He needs a bit more time....imho.....
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matimbo View Post
    So does that mean Nick Davis and Pat Vezpremi should come back to the Swans asap? They'd be certain selections every week based on past ROW post history.
    Nick Davis is back...coaching with Roosey at the Academy.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    They were showing on OTC last night how he was covering up his mouth as he was giving instructions. They joked about lip readers but now we know.

"What was that poster from Red and White saying we do next?"
    I think Horse was just cutting outside noice out from his mic so the boys downstairs could hear his soft dulced tones from upstairs.
    The Pain of Discipline is Nothing Like The Pain of Disappointment

On the Rookie List
    I started this thread as a bit of a joke but in all seriousness,the coincidence of views from the fans and the coaching staff is as close as I can remember. It was only an enormous amount of respect for the man which muted the criticism of the coach last year and the unfathonable selections.Right up to the last match with Bevan's non-selection there were issues that made some fans (including me) shake our heads.There was and always will be the sycophantic views that because the coaches do it and they know so much more than us ,it must be right. Don't agree! Take a look at what Voss has done!
    To date,Horse has done a great job and I see he is playing another young kid against West Coast. Great idea! Bringing them in against Geelong at Slippery Stadium must have been a nightmare for them in the past.Horse and the selectors have an A+ rating so far!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartijon View Post
    I started this thread as a bit of a joke but in all seriousness,the coincidence of views from the fans and the coaching staff is as close as I can remember. It was only an enormous amount of respect for the man which muted the criticism of the coach last year and the unfathonable selections.Right up to the last match with Bevan's non-selection there were issues that made some fans (including me) shake our heads.There was and always will be the sycophantic views that because the coaches do it and they know so much more than us ,it must be right. Don't agree! Take a look at what Voss has done!
    To date,Horse has done a great job and I see he is playing another young kid against West Coast. Great idea! Bringing them in against Geelong at Slippery Stadium must have been a nightmare for them in the past.Horse and the selectors have an A+ rating so far!
    The use of the word "sycophantic" suggests we are only doing it to suck up to the coach but I doubt if he'd even be aware of our deliberations so that'd be rather pointless. Rather, I frequently argue that we know so little of the whole story - injuries are just the most obvious area for this. The coaching staff knows the whole story so it'd be very sad if they didn't do a better job of selection than us and it'd be surprising if they didn't make selections that baffle us.

On the other hand, I know how you feel. I do really well on casting for movies and staging for concerts, too yet my opinions are constantly overlooked by the idiots running the shows. And don't get me started on politics . . .

Veterans List
    On Horse's coaching - at least team selection - I get the feeling that he really isn't sure what is going to be the best team to put on the field. That's really different to Roos who always gave the impression of having supreme confidence that he'd picked it right. I'm liking the uncertainty - it might lead to mistakes but it also suggests there's a lot of thought going into selection. Didn't Horse say that they deliberated for hours on who should be our first substitute?

He also said that Bevo is in a great position with the reduced bench because he can play both ends of the ground. So maybe he really is in the back line this week.

Overall, on early impressions, it looks like Horse is prepared to pick a team for the week whereas Roos always went for some degree of a settled team that only injury or a long time of poor form would change.

I think it is too early yet to say if he is going to be successful or not. When we have won another premiership under him then he is successful. It is early days yet and he is getting used to the role and we must remember our last three coaches have been very high profile. Horse is not so high profile as was pointed out in the press in regard to attendances and interest in the TV (only 66,000 watched the last game in Syd). He will find his rhythm and his side but it may not be the side we have now, there could be quite a few changes. It may take until next season to see the full result or we could see it soon who knows.

It's my impression that Longmire likes returning injured players to establish their fitness in Reserves more than Roosy demanded. Whether this is his approach or the substitute rule, I'm don't know. But it does give the young ones a chance to experience seniors.

The dog's having chicken necks tonight.

Saturday night's ruck dual might lead to lots of posts on Sunday.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12