Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New jumper on Friday night

DAMN IT.

I just ordered one to add to my collection.

The only one from recent years that I don't have is the 1996 heritage guernsey and the 97/98 Ansett Cup guernsey

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

On the Rookie List TakeTheSaucepan's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    It's an absolute disgrace! Not because of the way it looks (which is horrific) but they took off the SMFC logo on the back and replaced it with QBE 125. Who really gives a s%&t that QBE is 125! Nice way to alienate all Melbourne based supporters. How do you spell S-E-L-L O-U-T.

Quote Originally Posted by TakeTheSaucepan View Post
    It's an absolute disgrace! Not because of the way it looks (which is horrific) but they took off the SMFC logo on the back and replaced it with QBE 125. Who really gives a s%&t that QBE is 125! Nice way to alienate all Melbourne based supporters. How do you spell S-E-L-L O-U-T.
    Get a grip, it's a one off promo strip celebrating the partnership with QBE and help QBE celebrate a milestone in their history.

QBE have been a terrific sponsor for the Swans, thru thick and some very very thin. I think there would be a lot of people who give a s%&t.

It's ridiculous to feel alienated by it.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Golly gosh, its only for one game! And QBE stuck with the swans when no other sponsor was in sight and they have been our main sponsor year in and year out, way longer than any other sponsor has, in fact its loyalty to the Swans is the envy of most other clubs.. Surely one game is not exactly a sellout! Chill.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Most clubs have at least one "sellout" jumper - I am glad we are finally conforming!!

At least it is not as ghastly as Carlton's baby blue M&Ms jumper, or North's Orange jumper.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

They persisted with us through the dark times, when pretty much everyone else jumped ship, since then they've lasted 25 years and signed on for another 5. They have been everything a club wants in a principal partner, and to thank them and celebrate both the 125 years of operation and 25 years of partnership it is fitting we honor them with some type of recognition. I'm pretty happy that comes in the form of a guernsey, one that respects where our club comes from it's only for one game so you won't have to look at it every time we play.

In a time when loyalty is fickle and clubs are constantly looking for new principal partners as old ones are jumping ship QBE is a godsend, and a partner I am grateful to have the swans involved with.

I agree it's a bloody disgrace... the sheer hide of this club to honour a company who has put miilions and miilions of dollars into the footy club over the past 25 years. We should get rid of QBE immediately and get the money from offended Swans supporters in Melbourne. (I imagine there may be a shortfall but as long as we don't sellout we should be sweet )
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

I like it. Anyway it could have been worse. The could have made it in QBEs colours as well.
    Red & White forever.

Quote Originally Posted by ABloodsMan View Post
    They [QBE] persisted with us through the dark times, when pretty much everyone else jumped ship, since then they've lasted 25 years and signed on for another 5. They have been everything a club wants in a principal partner, and to thank them and celebrate both the 125 years of operation and 25 years of partnership it is fitting we honor them with some type of recognition. I'm pretty happy that comes in the form of a guernsey, one that respects where our club comes from it's only for one game so you won't have to look at it every time we play.

In a time when loyalty is fickle and clubs are constantly looking for new principal partners as old ones are jumping ship QBE is a godsend, and a partner I am grateful to have the swans involved with.
    Amen
    10100111001 ;-)

Lol we're just trying to beat Carlton wearing as many different strips as possible.

Fandom of Fabulousness Lucky Knickers's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Goes with the socks. Ah if only Kirky was still running around like the Hamburgler! Add a white or red eye mask......

Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Lol we're just trying to beat Carlton wearing as many different strips as possible.
    World record attempt?
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast