Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New TV deal

Fox Footy Channel Coming back

In some great news foxtel has announced it will bring back its 24/7 footy channel,7 will get 4 games a week but talk is that fox will show those games as well,not so happy about 7 winning with foxtel but to me 9 wasnt much better.Channel 10 may contest if 7 try to on sell any games to anyone besides them.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/af...-1226045868122

Can't bear Channel 7, but the return of Fox Footy is fantastic!

I'll be moving into a new place next year, will have to make sure it has Foxtel.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Great news. I love Fox Footy channel.

Does that mean Tiffany Cherry will be back and Matthew what ever his surname was who disappeared with the channel?

Sadly, White Line Fever with Clinton Grybas was a great show. R.I.P Clinton. Outstanding talent that was lost too soon.

I hope the buggers don't charge extra for it.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

That's excellent news. Won't be paying extra for it though. A platinum package is dearer enough as it is.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Oh man, I don't want to give money to the Global Murdoch Conspiracy if I can help it, but this tempts me.

Blog Entries
    I find it much more interesting that Telstra got the on-line rights. I have a T-Box, which has a dedicated AFL channel already. I am a Bigpond member, so the stream is free (still, and hope it stays that way). I dumped Foxtel after 8 years for a number of reasons in 2007 - The loss of the Footy Channel was a part of that. I am not so sure that I would go back to Foxtel just for the footy channel.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    Does that mean Tiffany Cherry will be back and Matthew what ever his surname was who disappeared with the channel?
    You mean Matthew Campbell who pops up now doing adveritisng for one of the bettings agencies??? There was also Jason Bennett who wasn't too bad.

I'm on the Chandwagon!!!

If you cannot compete for the premiership, it's better to be young and exciting than middle-aged and dowdy.

Woohoo! I loved that channel. Would be perfect if not for the sad passing of Grybas. Was the second best caller in the game IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by nomae View Post
    Woohoo! I loved that channel. Would be perfect if not for the sad passing of Grybas. Was the second best caller in the game IMO.
    Who was Number 1???

In my mind Clinton was the best caller in the game.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Surely Dennis C is the best caller. Lethal and Roos are the best special comments types.

I'm content with my seven free games each weekend on Australia Network.

Looks like Caro was right and Roy Masters was wrong - AFL will get a billion big ones.
    The man who laughs has not yet heard the terrible news

Last-minute hurdles emerged this week including a dispute over the Brownlow Medal count, which saw Seven in the final stages of negotiations agree to simulcast its coverage with Foxtel on the condition Seven's commercials are also simulcast.

Seven's surrender over the Brownlow followed the suggestion from the AFL it could remove the top-rating event from the table altogether and sell those rights separately.

Seven's four weekly free-to-air games and all finals except the grand final will be shown live by Foxtel, with Friday night football contractually bound to be shown live on Seven with that network's commercials also simulcast on Foxtel.

Another last-minute dispute over Seven's insistence on showing prime time games into Queensland and NSW on its second channel is still to be resolved.

The AFL has scheduled a media conference for 2.30pm.

Read more: AFL rights decision looms | Fox Sports, Channel Seven | Telstra

I said to my wife 2 days ago that it was a given that they will bring back Fox Footy Channel.

I also said it was a given we will get charged extra for it.

I hope I'm wrong.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast