Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Is Horse impressing anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Sorry Johnno but you lost me when comparing a winger with 2 snails that are best as small forwards only. If you want to name a player that can replace Jetta on the wing then I'm all ears. (Jetta was good against Port but along with a thousand other players was poor against the Hawks)
    Speedy winger you say? Is that what he does? Could of fooled me!!! He goes missing for MOST of the game. He rarely makes a tackle stick(I know he's a skinny fellow and theres not much to him in terms of kg), but still those tackles get broken a little to easy for my likeing.

Bevan and Moore, although not superstars of the game, have 1 bad game and they get banished to the ressies. Jetta has strung a few in a row now. Disagree about the Port game, he wasnt bad, but he wasnt brilliant either.

Bevan in the forward line is a MUST, nowhere else on the footy field except the forward line.

Moore.....I dont know, he tries, he breaks tackles, is usually a good kick at goals.

Dont know whats happened to TDL, but a forward line of White, TDL and McGlynn is what we need. I just cant see where the goals are going to come from this weekend. Am going on Saturday, have got my seats booked, but to be honest I think I'll be walking home miserable come Saturday afternoon. I've tipped the swans, but instructed friends of mine that if I wasnt a swans supporter, I'd be tipping North.

Quote Originally Posted by johnno View Post
    Bevan in the forward line is a MUST, nowhere else on the footy field
    Sort of the point I was making. You want Jetta dropped which is a valid opinion but you offer up Bevan and Moore who can't play the same role.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    Unfortunately the obvious replacements for Jetta are 1 - Just returning from injury (Nick Mel) and 2 - on the injury list (Gary Rohan).

I hope Jetta reviews the Hawks game tape and sees what he could be if applies himself and builds up a bit - our version of Cyril Rioli.

Getting back to the topic - Horse doing ok - come back to this in another 8 or so rounds.

The two points that stick with me are the fact that he didn't make Scarlett accountable and the not playing an alternative ruckman / forward (Seaby).
    The plus side he is making changes and bringing in the draft picks possibly earlier than in past years.
    sprite

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This thread kinda reminds me of when teenagers are given two games in the senior team at the start of their career and then written off as "not up to it".

Look at what Geelong fans thought about Thompson during an inept 2006, or Pies fans were saying about Malthouse two to three years ago. And those were two experienced coaches with several years under their belts to get to know their players and meld them into a coherent team.

I am baffled as to why anyone would want to make judgement - good or bad - on a bloke just 9 games into his senior coaching team, who to date has achieved with his squad pretty much the same as they achieved last year under a different coach.
    The reason judgements are being made early are threefold, firstly because one of the main justifications behind hiring him without bothering to interview anyone else was because he had been in our system for 9 years and knew our club inside out, thus it was/is expected that he'd hit the ground running. This clearly hasn't been the case.

Secondly, and it ties in with the first point, some of the errors he has made have been glaringly obvious to even a casual observer (see Seaby sub).

Thirdly, on paper our squad is better than last year. The only senior player to depart was Kirk and our younger players have had an extra pre-season and year of development. In spite of this we are well behind last year regardless of what our current win/loss ratio is.

He may well turn the corner and have a brilliant long term plan in place, and for our sake I hope he does,because otherwise we've got a long 2-3 years ahead of us. The question posed is a valid one and the majority of responses seem to concur that his performances over the first 10 weeks have not been impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    O,k now that we have established you've read this thread and just dismissed it all as" bollocks". The least you can do is give an explanation to justify your ridiculously scathing comment, as it stands it's just shallow rubbish.
    I'm not just referring to this lot of bollocks, I'm referring to any bollocks thrown up on this board. You told ugg 'If you dont like it, don't read it' How can you know u won't like it if you don't read it first??

You started this thread as a question, your first sentence was 'Before I get shouted down...' yet the first two people who answered your question and didn't agree with you copped a gobfull???

Can only lol at that.
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Warming the Bench
    Anyone who says this thread is crap is bonkers. I for one are enjoying the banter, not really bothered by anyone thought's on Horse (think he is struggling a bit but lets give a break - for anyone playing at home) just really loving the sniping going on here. So entertaining would love to know the back story between the sparring partners??

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger1300 View Post
    Anyone who says this thread is crap is bonkers. I for one are enjoying the banter, not really bothered by anyone thought's on Horse (think he is struggling a bit but lets give a break - for anyone playing at home) just really loving the sniping going on here. So entertaining would love to know the back story between the sparring partners??
    No back story... Being right all the time can be a curse because it makes people jealous.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    This thread kinda reminds me of when teenagers are given two games in the senior team at the start of their career and then written off as "not up to it".

Look at what Geelong fans thought about Thompson during an inept 2006, or Pies fans were saying about Malthouse two to three years ago. And those were two experienced coaches with several years under their belts to get to know their players and meld them into a coherent team.

I am baffled as to why anyone would want to make judgement - good or bad - on a bloke just 9 games into his senior coaching team, who to date has achieved with his squad pretty much the same as they achieved last year under a different coach.
    Be baffled no more Liz. I think it's perfectly reasonable to pass judgement on what has been served up so SO FAR. This is the point you and others seem to be missing, it's about his performance SO FAR. I'm not passing judgement, and I don't think many others are either, on Horses' longterm future, be that rosy or bleak. This thread is simply a discussion on what we've seen SO FAR. Personally I'm not overly impressed SO FAR, hopefully that will change. It is ridiculous to suggest that no comment should be made on Horse, or others be they players or staff, until several years have passed. At that stage there is little point in commenting because it's all done and dusted. It's commentary for goodness sake, where opinions will change and fluctuate over time. I would of thought that's the point of a forum, otherwise this would be a very dull place.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    But ernie, the point they're making is that SO FAR there's not much to judge by. For me, the only thing he's done that I'm critical of is not immediately replacing the injured Pyke with Seaby in the same role. And we have had a bad run with injuries.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    But ernie, the point they're making is that SO FAR there's not much to judge by. For me, the only thing he's done that I'm critical of is not immediately replacing the injured Pyke with Seaby in the same role. And we have had a bad run with injuries.
    dimelb, you've just made a comment on an aspect of his coaching so far...which IMO is a fair and reasonable comment...I rest my case.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

I'm impressed with the alleged size of his johnson.

Is that what we're talking about?
    -

Quote Originally Posted by CJK View Post
    I'm impressed with the alleged size of his johnson.

Is that what we're talking about?
    Alex isn't that tall is he?