Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: On the Couch rumour

Hawkins = No.

Has issues with aerobic capacity and is slow.

Just don't know. I mean look at his build. It is more carthorse than race horse. He has too much to carry around to be anything other than a FF stuck close to goal square. His build reminds me a bit of Plugger. Hmmm....is this a bad thing?

Anyway any game I see him in he kind of looks lost.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Quote Originally Posted by Primmy View Post

Anyway any game I see him in he kind of looks lost.
    We should be used to that by now with Jesse on the list.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Quote Originally Posted by RBS1 View Post
    Hawkins is the biggest passenger on a AFL list .. Would have been delisted at any other club . So overrated .. Let's give white a proper go not just 3 weeks at a time
    Jesse has been "given a go" for the past 18 months and while I've been patient that patience has run out. He's not dominating in the NEAFL where he should, like TDL did, be making an emphatic statement to the selectors that he should be playing seniors.

Hopefully one day it will all click for him but time is running out.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Not interested in Hawkins; he is better suited to "Home and Away".
    He would have to beat LRT for the full forward's job and I don't think he's up to it.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Hawkins reminds me so much of one of those dumb jock quarterbacks from those American straight to video movies. I'd prefer someone with runs on the board. I do believe he has potential and has played several good games but he's a lemon.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Jesse has been "given a go" for the past 18 months and while I've been patient that patience has run out. He's not dominating in the NEAFL where he should, like TDL did, be making an emphatic statement to the selectors that he should be playing seniors.
    To be fair, Trent's dominant NEAFL displays have been during very healthy wins over Tuggeranong, Gold Coast and Ainslie. From memory Jesse's played 3/4 as a back during a thumping when his opponents only managed 28 (you should remember the score!), 1/4 or so before going off the ground with an ankle and then a full game on the weekend when he kicked 4.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

It's been said before-many times-but we need to put Jesse into the forward line and leave him there, he's not going to develop the necessary skills being jumped from position to position. He has the potential to be great; he just needs the time to develop his game brain. Hopefully he will really push for selection in the next few weeks, maybe Ted need to have a chat with him about how he pushed his way back into the seniors last year

hahahahah so true

Regular in the Side
    Reading these threads I can't help but wonder, if this time two years ago, what the reaction would have been among Swans fans concerning rumours of trading a young third ranked ruckman from Geelong called Shane Mumford.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleed Red Blood View Post
    Hawkins had huge expectations from the start (Remember he's a father-son, too) comparisons with John Brown, etc. A fresh start might be great for him, isn't that what the Swans do well - reinvigorate? He certainly has some weapons. I wonder though what we would do if all of Johnson, Johnston, Reid, Grundy, White and Hawkins blossom? With ruckman, as well, and in the meantime Ted and LRT. I suppose it falls in-to "a good problem to have", but perhaps it would be better to draft a 27/28 year old from the state leagues who could come in just to take the number one tall away from Reid/Johnston. I cannot think of any mid twenties tall forward who could be reasonably expected to kick 60-70 that we could go for. Someone of the ilk of Drew Petrie, I would settle for. It means that player teaches Reid, Johnston (and hopefully White) some tricks, gives them the 2nd and 3rd defender, by the time they're retiring our two youngsters will be booming.
    I've always thought of Hawkins as a bit of a spud, especially considering all the hype and carry on that preceded his arrival at the cattery, but perhaps that's the very thing that has prevented him from living up to the expectations!
    What did everyone on here think when we recruited JoshuaP? I bet lots and lots of us thought pretty much the same of him as we think about Hawkins and I don't reckon that gamble has turned out too badly.
    I'm not saying that Hawkins is going to be a JoshuaP, but if (as expected) my beloved Braddy goes, there's got to be plenty of spare cash in the kitty that it may be worth the gamble.
    I'm with Al on the White debate. He made his debut in 2008, has played 45 games, I have no idea how many playing ruck/forward but I wouldn't have thought more than ten, and from my memory only a handful has he looked like being the player we all want him to be. I've run out of patience and I reckon Longmire and the other coaches might be pretty close too.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    Jesse has been "given a go" for the past 18 months and while I've been patient that patience has run out.
    This. I don't see why we shouldn't give Hawkins a go - we've done it so many times before and I definitely think we can do it again.

Also, someone mentioned Roughead? He signed for a three-year contract for Hawthorn last year.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast