Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dogs must be desperate... (Barlow)

Barlow's first kick for the dogs is a ripper! Except Jones drops it.

Anyone who watched Ed tonight probably witnessed his last ever AFL game.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Anyone who watched Ed tonight probably witnessed his last ever AFL game.
    I was actually at the game with my kids. Didn't my 7 year old daughter love a St Kilda supporter yelling into the back of her head all night.

I watched Barlow as he managed to get alot of game time. About 99% was as a passenger. Wasn't sure if he was marking Gwilt or vica versa but he just loped around for the night unmarked.

Hand passed as soon as he got the ball and his only few effective kick was when he was swung and he kicked the ball which went into the Bulldogs 50.

Spectator at most contests and not once did I see him attack the ball. Sort of reminded me of the fat little kid running around a football field except I've seeen lots of "Fat little kids" have more heart and enthusiasm.

Loped around the ground was the best description and sadly for him I think that there is no evidence why the Bulldogs would want to retain him.
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    I was actually at the game with my kids. Didn't my 7 year old daughter love a St Kilda supporter yelling into the back of her head all night.

I watched Barlow as he managed to get alot of game time. About 99% was as a passenger. Wasn't sure if he was marking Gwilt or vica versa but he just loped around for the night unmarked.

Hand passed as soon as he got the ball and his only few effective kick was when he was swung and he kicked the ball which went into the Bulldogs 50.

Spectator at most contests and not once did I see him attack the ball. Sort of reminded me of the fat little kid running around a football field except I've seeen lots of "Fat little kids" have more heart and enthusiasm.

Loped around the ground was the best description and sadly for him I think that there is no evidence why the Bulldogs would want to retain him.
    Agree. He just doesn't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Agree. He just doesn't get it.
    Sad, but appears to be true.
    Superman still wears Brett Kirk Pyjamas

Drummoyne..INNER WEST BABY!! (Bay 29 SCG)
    BarLOL is still a stinky cheese. He's so one paced as well.

So glad we got rid of him.
    Official Driver Of The "Who Gives A @@@@ As The Player Will Get Delisted Anyway" Bandwagon.

Ed Barlow

I know ed barlow has left our club and thankfully so, but how bad is that footballer? i was watching him last night against st kilda and he got pinned for holding the ball at least 4 times, had no skill, coughed up the ball countless times as well as put pressure on his teammates. I don't know how he ever became a footballer and the fact swans had him makes me even more angry!

Made some shocking decisions with the ball in hand. That said, his attack on the ball was considerably better than it was at the Swans. Personally I think his decision making with the ball is a confidence thing, so if he settles down that could improve. The fact that he went in when it was his turn to go a number of times was far more promising for his future at AFL level.

Still, he made some decisions that would have looked out of place in u12s..... Personally, I reckon they should stick him at FF and just get him to lead straight at the ball carrier. He'll beat any full back on the lead, and he's a lovely set shot. Only chance for his career IMO.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I like Ed.

Missed opportunity with the thread title, should have read "The Dogs must be crazy!"
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Poor bastard. I can't help feeling sorry for him, but at the same time ........ well its kind of "we told you so". However that seems a bit mean. Accurate but mean.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Good luck Ed! I hope your career takes off. Don't pay any attentton to this mean spirited thread. Will always remember your first game against Brisbane. It was a beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Number 43 View Post
    Good luck Ed! I hope your career takes off. Don't pay any attentton to this mean spirited thread. Will always remember your first game against Brisbane. It was a beauty.
    All you naughty people telling the truth you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. After 27 games in 5 years I too hope Cheese's career takes off. Might need a new heart and a new head for decision making but science is making great strides these days so you never know.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast