Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012 trade targets

So what would a transaction look like to get

Daniel Menzel to the Swans or

Tom Scully ?

what would we need to give in return?

How good is Mitchell I suppose is the big question?.............if he is 4 foot nothing yet incredible in picking up possessions like a Dylan McNeil will he dominate at Senior level ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

also I am confused ..............if GWS offer a large amount to Scully........does GWS need to compensate Melbourne to execute the trade ...............ie as GWS are in their first year of football etc ????

Imagine if we had :

Scully
    Hannebery
    Mitchell

That would be an extremely high possession young 3 players that could run other teams ragged !

I stand corrected he was already 179cm at 16yrs of age.......

"The 16-year-old was a standout for WA and was awarded his state's MVP for the tournament.

The 179cm midfielder caught the eye with his dash and skill and averaged more than 32 disposals per game against South Australia, Vic Country and Vic Metro, racking up 40 possessions against SA. "

incredible stats given Luke PArer who I rate as a real long term in and under player for the Swans was picking up around 20 to 24 possessions - but Luke may have been in the HF line alot as per his videos in the draft etc

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    also I am confused ..............if GWS offer a large amount to Scully........does GWS need to compensate Melbourne to execute the trade ...............ie as GWS are in their first year of football etc ????
    At the risk of getting off topic, this article should help explain it. To answer your question specifically, Melbourne receive a compensation pick (or perhaps two) but they receive them from the AFL, not from GWS. They'll be slotted in to the overall draft as additional selections from my reading of it.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsartic...8/default.aspx
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Roosy just said on "on the couch" that with a decent forward (Bradshaw) we would be a top 4 side. We must get a KP forward in the trade period this year. Must must must

Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    Roosy just said on "on the couch" that with a decent forward (Bradshaw) we would be a top 4 side. We must get a KP forward in the trade period this year. Must must must
    The Tomahawk is on the shopping list.

The Swans plan to feed him raw meat, throw Bondi Beach sand in his face over summer, make him do the Bridge climb without a safety rope and wrestle pit bulls at Blacktown----------------> Our new Full Forward
    In memory of my little Staffy - Dicey, 17.06.2005 to 1.12.2011- I'll miss you mate.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyfabulous View Post
    I don't think it is that straightforward. Firstly, we are probably a classy midfielder away too, at the very least. Kieran might be part of that answer, once he gets his fitness back, but we probably need another as well. Though I am very encouraged by Hanners' last few weeks. Whatever was on his mind for the first month or so of the season seems to have been sorted out. His play yesterday was full of purpose.

Secondly, good forwards don't grow on trees, and when clubs have one, they are generally unwilling to give them up. And if one happens to be fed up with his club and looking for more money and a move to Sydney, chances are he will head further west than the Swans.

Fevola.......

"hides under a rock"
    I See It But I Don't Believe It!!!!

I think Menzel looks a very fine player. He was excellent on the weekend for Geelong and I'd love to see him at the Swans.

On the veteran's list
    There's a kid called Mickeljohn who is captain of one of the SANFL teams that may be worth a look!
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

I think we are still a couple (possibly 3) genuine midfield rotations short at this stage. Potentially we have a couple of those on the list already in Parker. Merideth, Lamb Jetta and possibly Rohan. With another in Mitchell to join next year. If we could just uncover a quick outside midfielder with our second or third pick like we have with Reid, Alex Johnson etc that would be like gold at present.

The big question at this stage is whether we persist with using White up forward or send him back to defence or play as a second ruckman.

We are going to need to know by the end of this year as to whether we trade for a key forward, so I would place White at FF from this week for the rest of the year and just say to him you have until the end of the year to make the position his own.

DST
    "Looking forward to a rebuilt, new, fast and exciting Swans model in 2010"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Bas View Post
    The Swans plan to feed him raw meat, throw Bondi Beach sand in his face over summer, make him do the Bridge climb without a safety rope and wrestle pit bulls at Blacktown----------------> Our new Full Forward
    Ha, my family do that to me as survival training for the annual Pies game at Olympic Park. And I see the same pit bulls there.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast