Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Freo

Oh dear, Everitt back in the selection frame again. I can only believe that should be considered if there is a second tall in our team apart from Spangher who has an injury concern. To me, he has shown very little this year to say he will make it as a AFL player, and he has hardly set the field alight when he has been playing reserves either.

Doesnt Everitt by contract have to play a certain number of games, or am I completely wrong? I thought I read it somewhere.
    If this is the case probably best to get all his games in now as a sub.

Everitt's in the 25 just about every week. If it was a Saturday game, no-one would be talking about him.

I still think he's a chance to be a good player for us. Not suited to being the sub and has played a few decent games this year (WC, WB, PA). Every game he's played since the PA game he has been sub or been subbed. Pretty difficult to have an impact when you're in and out of the side all the time but particularly when any chance you get, you're used as the sub.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Everitt's in the 25 just about every week. If it was a Saturday game, no-one would be talking about him.

I still think he's a chance to be a good player for us. Not suited to being the sub and has played a few decent games this year (WC, WB, PA). Every game he's played since the PA game he has been sub or been subbed. Pretty difficult to have an impact when you're in and out of the side all the time but particularly when any chance you get, you're used as the sub.
    Tick. Same goes for Jesse, this sub rule makes it damn tough for the emerging talls (Sam a nice exception).

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post

That's a pretty generous assessment there plugger!!

Warming the Bench
    He is also in there for his versatility. As Horse said, he can play multiple positions.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Panttz View Post
    He is also in there for his versatility. As Horse said, he can play multiple positions.
    That may be true but can he play any of them well?? I'd take talent over versatility every day of the week

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Oh dear, Everitt back in the selection frame again. I can only believe that should be considered if there is a second tall in our team apart from Spangher who has an injury concern. To me, he has shown very little this year to say he will make it as a AFL player, and he has hardly set the field alight when he has been playing reserves either.
    I presume that second tall would be AJ given that he has been named on the extended bench.

Not so surprised about Everitt though; 3 goal effort in a team that got smashed sounds like he stood up.

Also, can't think of anyone else they could have named given LJ's injury.
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I see no reason to give up on Andrejs, keep in mind that he's only 22. Not saying I think he should be back in the seniors (I don't really know), but I don't really see why he shouldn't be "thereabouts"- I think he's played pretty well for us in a few games this year.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    I see no reason to give up on Andrejs, keep in mind that he's only 22. Not saying I think he should be back in the seniors (I don't really know), but I don't really see why he shouldn't be "thereabouts"- I think he's played pretty well for us in a few games this year.
    I agree completely. What frustrates us about Andreys is what frustrated the Dogs - poor decision making and suspect
    skills. On the positve side he's quick for a biggish man, he's a strong mark and he's a reliable kick for goal within his range. He needs to work on finding that little extra time when he's under pressure with the ball so he can make better decisions. Mind you that last comment probably applies to another 10 Swans.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCanuck View Post
    I agree completely. What frustrates us about Andreys is what frustrated the Dogs - poor decision making and suspect
    skills. On the positve side he's quick for a biggish man, he's a strong mark and he's a reliable kick for goal within his range. He needs to work on finding that little extra time when he's under pressure with the ball so he can make better decisions. Mind you that last comment probably applies to another 10 Swans.
    I actually think he's got excellent foot skills, he'd be one of the better kicks in our squad. His problem is he doesn't have any footy smarts nor any intestinal fortitude to make up for the first shortcoming. If you read feedback from Bulldogs supporters from previous years the same thing was being noted.

He certainly has alot of natural talent and athletic ability (which is why doggies supporters were so frustrated with him) but it is debatable whether he can ever get himself in the right mindset to get the best out of himself. At the moment he is nothing more than a fringe player in our squad who could get a game if we have lots of injuries.

J.Moore has been named on an extended bench for the 2's game while Jesse and Andrejs have been named at FF and CHF respectively so it looks like Bird in and Moore out.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast