Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Freo

Why do we select Jesse White in wet games?
    So far this year in all the wet games hes had zero impact.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post
    I actually think he's got excellent foot skills, he'd be one of the better kicks in our squad. His problem is he doesn't have any footy smarts nor any intestinal fortitude to make up for the first shortcoming. If you read feedback from Bulldogs supporters from previous years the same thing was being noted.

He certainly has alot of natural talent and athletic ability (which is why doggies supporters were so frustrated with him) but it is debatable whether he can ever get himself in the right mindset to get the best out of himself. At the moment he is nothing more than a fringe player in our squad who could get a game if we have lots of injuries.
    Funny thing is that you could have been talking about Ed Barlow in exactly the same way last year!

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Why do we select Jesse White in wet games?
    So far this year in all the wet games hes had zero impact.
    Have you had much rain in Sydney this week?

Whats the forecast for Sunday?

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Have you had much rain in Sydney this week?

Whats the forecast for Sunday?
    its very cold today and raining. It just started raining today and is forecast to drizzle all weekend. So wont be pouring but will be slippery. I swear all our home games have been in wet conditions this year.

its very cold today and raining. It just started raining today and is forecast to drizzle all weekend. So wont be pouring but will be slippery. I swear all our home games have been in wet conditions this year.
    It's been a killer. The Club would be throwing their arms up in the air. And funnily enough the games at ANZ have both been perfect days. Some big games at the SCG this year which all could have pulled really strong crowds and the Weather has been very very average on a couple of them.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    And funnily enough the games at ANZ have both been perfect days. Some big games at the SCG this year which all could have pulled really strong crowds and the Weather has been very very average on a couple of them.
    I've only missed the Pies at home this year. Essendon at ANZ was a glorious day in warm sunshine. Hawthorn at the SCG was a lovely afternoon too (the weather, if not the game). All the rest from memory, freezing and usually raining, varying from on/off showers (Tigers) to full-on downpour (Carlton).

Hopefully I bring some glorious Melbourne weather up with me for next weeks game against the Doggies.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilcott View Post
    Hopefully I bring some glorious Melbourne weather up with me for next weeks game against the Doggies.
    Please do, its very frustrating

Goes up to 11
    Maybe that's why the club has been advertising the Bulldogs match next week on TV over this week's game???

The SCG/Port game was not wet but my god it was cold
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Nich View Post
    It's been a killer. The Club would be throwing their arms up in the air. And funnily enough the games at ANZ have both been perfect days. Some big games at the SCG this year which all could have pulled really strong crowds and the Weather has been very very average on a couple of them.
    It's always gonna rain more for SCG games than we'd like cos of the nature of Sydney rainfall. For example, today it was drizzly and showery in the eastern suburbs and at the airport but 5kms away there had not been a drop of rain. It's extremely coastal and so the SCG cops it. Conversely, Homebush gets far heavier dew.
    Today's a draft of your epitaph

Spangher confirmed as out, White in.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast