Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 5th generation Swans supporter

5th generation Swans supporter

I have a friend who just had a baby. Presuming they follow their dad, grand dad, great grand dad etc. They will be a 5th generation Swans supporter. I've done my bit giving him his first Swans top!

His mum asked me if 5 consecutive generations of Swans supporters was rare. I honestly didn't know. So I thought I'd put it to RWO members... is there anyone else who has five or more consecutive generations of Swans supporters in their family?

My sister and I are 4th generation. She has two grandkids who are Swans supporters. I think
    that makes them 6th gen.

Fifth generation here.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    My sister and I are 4th generation. She has two grandkids who are Swans supporters. I think
    that makes them 6th gen.
    Are your sisters children (ie the parents of the Swans supporter grand kids) also Swans supporters? That would make the grand kids 6th (consecutive).

Quote Originally Posted by bloodsbigot View Post
    Fifth generation here.
    Impressive. Thanks for that

1st Generation here.

Now that might not seen impressive as 5th generation but considering my old man was a Collingwood supporter I think it's impressive as hell that I managed not to be corrupted by very dodgy genes.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Well done BA. A true survivor.

My grandfather called the cat Collingwood, and he hated cats. My only vivid memory of him was him sitting on our verandah one sunny day with a radio in his ear yelling "c'marn the Blues" - my mum said he was listening to the cricket, but I dunno, he was Victorian and I doubt very much he was barracking for the NSW Shield players. I was about 10 or 12.

So that makes me two generations once (very obviously) removed.
    If you've never jumped from one couch to the other to save yourself from lava then you didn't have a childhood

Blog Entries
    I'm first, but then My parents started to follow them, so does that make them 2nd Generation??
    This is confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    I'm first, but then My parents started to follow them, so does that make them 2nd Generation??
    This is confusing.
    Maybe minus 1 generation... Where influence flowed the other way.

Mum was a North Supporter because I think she was secretly in love with Malcolm Blight (as I said dodgy genes) but is now most definitely a Swans supporter.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

1st gen for me, other than my brother and I there are no sport fans in my family.
    Mum occasionally wonders how I went from zero interest in sport to rabid fan.

My kids are 5th gen.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Al View Post
    1st Generation here.
    Now that might not seen impressive as 5th generation but considering my old man was a Collingwood supporter I think it's impressive as hell that I managed not to be corrupted by very dodgy genes.
    My whole family were Magpies too, I converted while sitting in the members stand at Victoria Park.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast