Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A trade for Seaby

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I think, when fit, Pyke is viewed as the number 2 . Seaby is too good to be playing in the Reserves waiting for an injury, and I'm sure he'd appreciate an oppurtunity. So back to the original question......

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    I think, when fit, Pyke is viewed as the number 2 . Seaby is too good to be playing in the Reserves waiting for an injury, and I'm sure he'd appreciate an oppurtunity. So back to the original question......
    GWS would be a first round pick.

Richmond...the only thing I want from Richmond is Jack Reiwoldt, and would give a bit to get him.

The other one is Melbourne, who would have more to trade than Richmond would be willing to let go of.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Melbourne have Gawn, Martin and Jamar, they wont be trading for Seaby.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Melbourne have Gawn, Martin and Jamar, they wont be trading for Seaby.
    I watched their last couple of games, and their rucks were a main source of their problems.

Haven't seen Jamar for a while - but I think he's back this week? I also heard that Port (who with the retirement of Brogan are short on rucks) were going to make a big play to bring him home to Adelaide via free agency.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I watched their last couple of games, and their rucks were a main source of their problems.

Haven't seen Jamar for a while - but I think he's back this week? I also heard that Port (who with the retirement of Brogan are short on rucks) were going to make a big play to bring him home to Adelaide via free agency.
    Being Port Adelaide is the main source of their problem. The AFL should have known better than to invite one of the SANFL clubs to join the AFL. The other 8 clubs hate Port and that is at least 80 to 90% of the population so they only have a very small supporter base. On an South Australian football level they have a large support base something like Collingwood in a per centa basis but on an AFL level that will never cut it. No-one else in SA is going to follow them ause they are as hated if not more than Collingwood, probably more. Therefore they find it hard to get members and sponsors and therefore no money for players and players don't want to stay at a club that is broke just ask Paul Roos and Alister Lynch. He could go there as the AFL have propped them up for a couple of years but what happens after that?

Too right. They blooming have enough.
    10100111001 ;-)

I doubt GWS will just give away first round picks because they have plenty.
    GWS will give up market value.
    IMO market value for Seaby would be 2nd round at best.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Just wild about Harry
    Seaby to GWS is the most logical option as he doesnt have to relocate and GWS will need a big, seasoned body on the park. If we get a draft pick can we use it in a couple of years' time or does it have to be used at the next draft?

Must be used this year.

I would trade Seaby to Richmond for Reiwoldt. That would put Chamberlain in a quandry, to penalise him for being a Swans or to not penalise him because he is a Reiwoldt!
    Last edited by goswannie14; 13th August 2011 at 10:23 AM. Reason: fat fingers
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    I doubt GWS will just give away first round picks because they have plenty.
    GWS will give up market value.
    IMO market value for Seaby would be 2nd round at best.
    Exactly. A first rounder for a 27yo bloke who couldn't get a go at the Eagles and now can't get a crack with us? Not knocking him but turn it up.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Exactly. A first rounder for a 27yo bloke who couldn't get a go at the Eagles and now can't get a crack with us? Not knocking him but turn it up.
    I think a late first round is reasonable. We got Jolly for pick 16 when he was nothing.

Saying a ruckman can't get a run behind Cox, Naitanui and Mumford isn't exactly negative. He has showed alot when played and would be the No.1 ruckman on half the teams in the AFL.

I think that 6 years after the last trade I recall us doing with Sheedy, we can fairly safely say that Ted for pick 19 was 'fair exchange, no robbery'. The idea that you always get dudded when you deal with Sheeds, I think affords him magical powers that he doesn't have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast