Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: A trade for Seaby

Quote Originally Posted by Plugger46 View Post
    Exactly. A first rounder for a 27yo bloke who couldn't get a go at the Eagles and now can't get a crack with us? Not knocking him but turn it up.
    I think a late first round is reasonable. We got Jolly for pick 16 when he was nothing.

Saying a ruckman can't get a run behind Cox, Naitanui and Mumford isn't exactly negative. He has showed alot when played and would be the No.1 ruckman on half the teams in the AFL.
    The eternal connundrum "what happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object" was finally solved when David Hasselhoff punched himself in the face.

I think that 6 years after the last trade I recall us doing with Sheedy, we can fairly safely say that Ted for pick 19 was 'fair exchange, no robbery'. The idea that you always get dudded when you deal with Sheeds, I think affords him magical powers that he doesn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    I think that 6 years after the last trade I recall us doing with Sheedy, we can fairly safely say that Ted for pick 19 was 'fair exchange, no robbery'. The idea that you always get dudded when you deal with Sheeds, I think affords him magical powers that he doesn't have.
    Yeah, people tend to seriously overrate the value of picks. Sure, we could have drafted a superstar with pick 19, but it's far more likely that the player would have been a dud. That's just the nature of the draft.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Hell View Post
    I think a late first round is reasonable. We got Jolly for pick 16 when he was nothing.

Saying a ruckman can't get a run behind Cox, Naitanui and Mumford isn't exactly negative. He has showed alot when played and would be the No.1 ruckman on half the teams in the AFL.
    Jolly was 24 and we probably paid overs at the time.

I can only think of 4 clubs (GWS, 'Dogs, Richmond, Port) where he'd be the choice ruckman. I'd love a first rounder for a ruckman who lacks versatility (the sub rule has made this worse) but I think people are dreaming if they think it's going to happen, regardless of whether picks are overrated.
    Bloods

"Lockett is the best of all time" - Robert Harvey, Darrel Baldock, Nathan Burke, Kevin Bartlett, Bob Skilton

Pushing for Selection
    I reckon he would fit in at no1 ruckman at hawthorn...
    season 2012- top 4 here we come

Veterans List
    As the Hawks might well be Premiers I don't know if we want to supply ruckmen for the two most recent Premiers.

Pushing for Selection
    thats true, but on the plus side they would have some salary cap pressure building, so they might be open to a good trade (plus they need a good ruckman)
    season 2012- top 4 here we come

Just wild about Harry
    There is a reason why nobody trades with Hawthorn - they are hard-nosed and arrogant when it comes to the trade table. They might want Seaby but they will only give us crap for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dosser View Post
    There is a reason why nobody trades with Hawthorn - they are hard-nosed and arrogant when it comes to the trade table. They might want Seaby but they will only give us crap for him.
    The 'hard-nosed and arrogant' one has left them and gone to StKilda mid year, so the Hawks may be better to deal with this trade period...
    Driver of the Dan Hannebery bandwagon....all aboard. 4th April 09

Quote Originally Posted by Triple B View Post
    The 'hard-nosed and arrogant' one has left them and gone to StKilda mid year,
    Should fit right in really................

Quote Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
    Should fit right in really................
    Does God believe in Atheists?

Whos going to GWS?...Seabs.

Let me be the first to say it( if im not im sorry), but I think Seaby will be the Ruck master at GWS next year. Watch this space!!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast