Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Twilight

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar

Twilight

Overrated series of books but what did you make of the time slot?

Having sat through a fair few reserves matches that begin around 4pm I knew from experience that it could get bitterly cold once the sun went down despite the sunny weather int the afternoon and so it proved today. There were quite a few patrons in shorts and T-shirts who seemed to be freezing in the 2nd half.

I loved it. Sun in the O'Reilly stand for the first half, dusk for the 2nd half. More than happy.

Loved the timeslot. Late enough for all the junior sport commitments to be finished and earlier enough so you can go out if you wish.
    Last edited by Big Al; 4th September 2011 at 12:01 AM.
    ..And the Swans are the Premiers...The Ultimate Team...The Ultimate Warriors. They have overcome the highly fancied Hawks in brilliant style. Sydney the 2012 Premiers - Gerard Whately ABC

Here it is Again! - Huddo SEN

Blog Entries
    Pain in the butt.

Senior Player
    Blog Entries
    The crowd seemed to like it, 27,000 against a bottom-four side is a great turnout for Sydney...

Strange, going to a day/nighter at the SCG, only to watch the footy, not the cricket!! Otherwise I liked the timeslot. It seemed to take a while for the players to adjust to the changed conditions in the second half, perhaps because the Swans and Lions don't normally play twilight games.

Living in 2005
    Loved it, hopefully with AFL being on 7Mate next year, we can get a few of these timeslots, god knows we have no hope normally on FTA on getting timeslots that interfere with News broadcasts.

I loved it and I agree with the Cricket Day/Nighter comparison, LOVED the SCG tonight.

Great time slot but only works on a Saturday. Agree with Big Al, early enough finish to go out...and watch Carlton not getting with the program.

I like in order - Friday night, then Saturday twilight, and then Saturday 2.10pm.
    up the guts

Not a fan. Ruins your afternoon AND night. Very uncomfortable to watch in the O'Reilly as you are looking right into the sun for the first half.

I'll go, but I don't have to like it.

177th Senior AFL Match - Round 4, 2009 - Sydney vs Carlton, SCG. This is obviously out of date. I suppose I'll update it once I could be bothered sitting down with the fixture and working it out....
    Des' Weblog

loved it

Senior Player
    I think dew forms when the sun goes down, changing the surface from reasonably dry to quite slippery over the course of the game. Not sure if that's good.

Apart from that I enjoyed it, but I prefer a sunny afternoon.

Hated sitting in the ORLY stand for the first half. The game would have been perfect, sun-wise, had it started at 5:30.
    Officially on the Reid and Sumner bandwagon!

Stupid movies
    You can't argue with a sick mind - Joe Walsh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast